Wedge shafts

bngolfer

What wedge shaft(s) do you use and why? I'm using KBS Tour Wedge but will be looking at something else for this season. I've traditionally liked heavier shafts for all clubs with focus on control first and feel second.

How are the NS Pro WV compared to the Shimada K's Wedge 120 or NS Pro Modus 3 Wedge 125? Are there any other contenders?

What are the difference in the two Shimada finishes? Looks only or do they do anything to the feel?

Best,

Björn

Modus3 115 is very nice! After playing all 3 Modus wedge shafts I like it the most of the bunch. 125 is most accurate but does't get high enough for me.

Although I currently play the same shaft as my irons in my wedges which are either MCI 120 or Crazy STP85 Stiff.

I've moved the WV into all my wedges. It flies a little lower than the Modus for me, and spin is deadly but controllable.

1050GH in one set and Modus Wedge 105 in another.

Both have controlled mid flight and produces enough spin for me.

Thanks guys, anyone tried the K's 120?

yup.. very stiff and lower. great shafts.

liking the 125s myself. and /or the monacocs and ns WV.

125 are deadly .

the wv are higher but spin controlled.

monacocs are low but workable more than the others.

really cant say what I like best.

have the 115s they are super, but a bit too light for my taste.

2 x monacos and 2 x TT black pearl s200 TI are my best.

Picked up the TTs from Chris as an aesthetic build but not a bad shaft for the copper modarts.

Was blown away by how good they are so got another 2 that were allocated for a mate but ended up back with me ;)

So.....

Flight is mid with great feel. Hold up well underpreasure but easy to wield...spin is very good but best of all is how direct they are.

Highly recommended.

I've got the NS PRO 1150's in the Golds. No complaints.

Agree with Hutchy that the TT S200s are also very good. It's a bit funny as they have been around forever, but back in the day I hit a lot of really good shots with that shaft in my sand iron.

DG S200 no issues apart from (very) occasional too much spin. Have tried others but these suit me.

New wedge builds have Tourstage Tour Design TDI-03 carbon. 80t carbon 104g beasts made in same era as the legendary Tour Design (Graphite Design) P9003. Very hard to find these days. I get more height and less spin (see above), so with same wedge heads this is a fun experiment.

Thanks everyone who contributes to this post. I think I will try to find a few Monaco wedge shafts.

Best,

Björn