Yonex N1-MB forged irons

laudney

It comes with graphite insert and will hit retail in April. I can't wait to try them out!!

http://www.yonex.co.jp/sp/golf/clubs/n1-mb-forged-iron.html

post-17514-0-78804000-1453905239_thumb.j

Yup an undercut MB with some sort of graphite or TPU material stuffed into the cutaway.

The grooves on their new UT are interesting as well not sure how it doesn't create extra side spin:

tripprinciple-ut_06.jpg

Maybe that's the idea - a new kind of "rescue" but one that makes it easy for you to hook or slice your way out of the woods. :-)

Edited by bngolfer

the existing, traditional grooves have not stopped most golfers hooking and slicing (yes, poor swings to blame of course)....so we must read with interest why Yonex has gone this way. Some nutty professor might have come up with a way to help reduce the unwanted side spin. And the first clubmaker to find that Holy Grail will make a fortune.

I was watching some Youtube videos last night about Yonex's new drivers.

XPG and Royal DTP, XPG is the general model and the Royal DTP is the senior/"executive" model.

Both drivers apparently use some counterbalance technology using slightly heavier head + weighted grip

XPG: 43 m/s ( 96 mph ) swing speed, age in their 50's drove the ball 280 to 290 yards in the video

DTP: 40 m/s ( 89 mph ) swing speed, age in their 60's and 70's drove the ball close to 270 to 280 yards in the video

Interestingly, they called these videos as "documentaries" which I am not sure how to interpret. :)

If these are true numbers, I gottta get me one of these drivers to try out.

I also noticed that they are coming out with a new Triprinciple putter now with adjustable weights.

http://www.yonex.co.jp/golf/clubs/triprinciple-putter-tp-s500.html

we definitely need to hear from Yonex to explain those diagonal grooves. Maybe you have to buy 2 of the same loft - one for draws and one for fades!!

what you will notice is brands try something and it doesn't have a big effect then they scrap it in the next model and create something else to talk about over and over again.

Yonex N1-MB irons and Triprinciple hybrid

0492a2528d2e61acdf1e95874ba57dd0-600x400

Yonex’s new N1-MB irons, forged from S25 Carbon Steel, add a touch of feel to the muscle-back heads with a graphite plate placed behind the face, which helps to dampen vibrations at impact, according to the company. The irons heads are made with a low and deep center of gravity (CG) for a higher launch, making them more forgiving than the blade irons you may be used to.

b788bbef9005dd5956a5aebd8aa8b6a3-600x400

The Tripricinple hybrid, with one of the most awe-inspiring new designs at the PGA Show, has a cavity cut into its crown and grooves that run diagonally instead of horizontally. The grooves provide more consistent spin from various lies – especially wet grass, according to Yonex – while the crown’s cavity lowers CG for a higher launch.

1b663f50f3bdebab3390ed2f6e8a3bb3-600x400

The new Yonex hybrids also have a reverse-flow shaft matching system that’s lighter in the longer lofts and heavier in the shorter lofts (the hybrids are offered in lofts of 20, 23.5 and 27 degrees). Their bodies are made from SUS630 Stainless Steel, while their faces are made from 455 Maraging Steel.

Edited by dickyfowler

I was watching some Youtube videos last night about Yonex's new drivers.

XPG and Royal DTP, XPG is the general model and the Royal DTP is the senior/"executive" model.

Both drivers apparently use some counterbalance technology using slightly heavier head + weighted grip

XPG: 43 m/s ( 96 mph ) swing speed, age in their 50's drove the ball 280 to 290 yards in the video

DTP: 40 m/s ( 89 mph ) swing speed, age in their 60's and 70's drove the ball close to 270 to 280 yards in the video

Interestingly, they called these videos as "documentaries" which I am not sure how to interpret. :)

I also noticed that they are coming out with a new Triprinciple putter now with adjustable weights.

http://www.yonex.co.jp/golf/clubs/triprinciple-putter-tp-s500.html

I watched that video and the numbers if true are impressive. I looked up the specs of the DTP and the club length is 47 inches long.

All three of the testers didnt swing fast but had well balanced swings and made good contact.

I don't mind the look of the hybrid but I really could do without all the text on the crown. I find some JDM brands go really text heavy in not so subtle places. It looks very shallow too so should be nice and high launching/easy to get off the ground.

the Yonex gear has created a lot of talk - and positive feedback - at the Merchandise Show in the USA this week and looking forward to seeing a review from Chris or someone.

Yup an undercut MB with some sort of graphite or TPU material stuffed into the cutaway.

The grooves on their new UT are interesting as well not sure how it doesn't create extra side spin:

tripprinciple-ut_06.jpg

met the japanese designer dr.k few mths ago. same principle as his putters .......in order to hit straight, your stroke has to be almost a cut. didnt quite buy that theory

• 3 weeks later...

I

i just got one of each. Royal DTP arrived yesterday and the XPG tomorrow. I went to the range but drew a really horrible batch of range balls, as all the good balls cant be picked up due to soft ground conditions and they had to get these out of storage for winter snow short supply days.. . .Ball flight was very good but there was no life left in the balls to get decent distance. The cover and dimple were worn out. (muni range conditions at its worst) The Dtp is the best balanced 47 inch driver Ive tried and also had a great feel off the face considering how bad the range balls were. . The XPG comes tomorrow, and I will finally have a decent weekend for the 1st time in weeks (temps in the 60s) to test them in real course conditions on my home track. . .

Edited by driverhead

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a chance to get 5 rounds on the course with these drivers. i wasnt impressed with the XPG. A hard feel off the face and average distance. I got great results with the DTP. It was a bit of a learning curve to groove it as the club is 47 inches long, and the shaft plays similar to the AIR SPEEDER. You must have a slow deliberate tempo or the shaft will get out of sync. Smooth tempo shots are rewarded nicely. I have hit my longest shots of the winter season with the DTP when I time it correctly. Maybe not the best club for head wind conditions, with the stock shaft, but calm or downwind its a carry monster. My course is so wet due to winter storms and dormant Bermuda grass. , roll cant be evaluated properly. The DTP is a great feeling head. I have hit several Yonex driVerS since the NANOSPEED ERA and IT IS THE BEST FEELING YONEX HEAD SINCE THE EZONE 380.

Edited by driverhead

I hit those blades at Golf Fest in Mesa a few weeks ago, loved the irons and almost bought them (heads only, $114 each) but common sense set in as I have 4+ sets of irons.

Hit the driver, very nice, loved the 3 wood.

Krank golf was the only outfit that had a trackman system out there so comparing with just your eyes was tough.

The putter was definitely not a beauty but man did it work, putted for about 30 minutes and never missed any 3-5 footers (my nemesis) but the $509.00 price tag was a bit steep especially when you convert that to Canadian.