iron lengths

sgjt4me

Depends on weight of the shafts. If the weight of the shafts weights, of the grips, and the weight distribution of the shaft are the same, you will get the same swing weight with the same length.

Having said that, some of the more recently released shafts, graphite or steel have more weight towards the butt and act as counterbalance. Thus, you may end up with a lighter swing weight if you try and set up with your normal lengths.

37 is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer than standard. 1/2 inch on an 8 iron is 3.33 swing weight points. Graphite shafts are frequently made longer to get the swing weight up. Swing weight varies based on shaft and head weight and club length. Only sure way to tell is to dry-fit it and check. Did you really want +1/2 inch in length?

Edited by donnieu

37 is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer than standard. 1/2 inch on an 8 iron is 3.33 swing weight points. Graphite shafts are frequently made longer to get the swing weight up. Swing weight varies based on shaft and head weight and club length. Only sure way to tell is to dry-fit it and check. Did you really want +1/2 inch in length?

When I went up a 1/2" my ball speed / smash factor increased, as well as accuracy. I was fitted with the recoil f3 shafts and DGSL reg shafts. I chose the recoil shafts because, about 7 years ago, I had a bad experience with dynamic gold, not the dgsl, so I chose the recoil even though the DGSL were a better fit? Just mental. So deciding to try the DGSL a try.