What come close to Seven Dreamers shaft's

shoutout33

Ok. I understand (not 100%) why Seven Dreamer's shafts, cost the pretty that they do and what you are paying for at each level. With that being said, if I didn't want to go that route, but still get a nice high-end performance shaft from Japan, that was a strong second choice what would it be? Mind you, realistically, if I had the money to spend, not sure I'd go SD's route because I am a bit rough with my gear. It stays in my car because I don't have space for them yet.

I'm asking this because I'm very surprised that they are still making shafts for these prices after being away from the forums for a while now. Mabey I shouldn't be, but I am. Hell, I'm tripping that Epon is no longer on TSG's website!!!! Plus, SD is selling a $10,000 golf bag?!?! I'm crying trying to get a $500-$600 WinWin Style bag! LOL! Seriously, if you can't bite the bullet on SD's shafts, what else would be the next in line as far as tech and innovation.

That is a good question; I would very much be interested in how the Big Boys would rank (in the right order of performance):

7D X Sanki Planaria X Basileus AAA X Kuro Kage X TRPX X Crazy (old models) X Crazy (new models) X EVOII

I know this a quite a broad range with if someone could make the Cons & Pros of each would be very enlightening!

An if I can chip in; from all the above; the only ones I tried and remain with are the Old Crazy (TJ-80 and FW80) which do the job very well. I will soon have the chance to try the EVOII and I may be able to add to the discussion.

Thanks and Happy Chinese New Year Fire Monkey!

U have plenty of choices

Get ur swing details up and the mob will sugest many and varied

What's up Supo!!! :) Well, although I had my gear over a year, I've only played once. Here are the shafts I have that I copied from the receipt got from Golfworks. It includes my iron shafts too. (Don't laugh...):

1 AS0024 S 54.99 54.99
AXE XCALIBER TOUR T6+ WOOD SHAFT
1 AS0021 S 29.99 29.99
AXE XCALIBER GRAPHITE FW SHAFT
1 AS0027 S 32.99 32.99
AXE XCALIBER TOUR HYBRID SHAFT
3 PUREIN RH 15.50 46.50
INDIVIDUAL SHAFT PUREING NEW IN STOCK
1 LK0087Z BLK 34.14 34.14
R.E.L. 3GEN OVSZ 600 RND BUY 6 GET 6
12 LK0087 BLK .00 .00
LK R.E.L. 3GEN OVERSIZE 600 RND GRIP
1 LK0087 BLK 2.99 2.99
LK R.E.L. 3GEN OVERSIZE 600 RND GRIP
Qty Item Description Cost Ext Cost
7 FS0015 S/X 9.99 69.93
FST PRO 125 STEPLESS .370 STEEL IRN SHFT
I am proud and happy with this set, but I am slowly working on getting the MP-25's. After hitting them, I realized I like Nippon's N.S. PRO 1150GH shafts. I will more than likely use the R.E.L. Gens from Lampkin again, but not sure. Can't remember what I was fitted for, but I know the reason I didn't get them was because of price. For what they are and do, Xcaliber has some really nice shafts.

I thought the main point, the whole point even with getting a 7D is the fact that they are custom made only for you. I think that makes them impossible to compare to other shafts

Did I read correctly you've played once in a year? Personally I'd steer clear of such an expensive driver shaft if you don't use your golf clubs!

Had health and money issues, but that will be changing this year...I hope. Also, as I mentioned earlier, even if I had the money, I'm rough with my gear. I don't sling it around or throw my clubs if I make a bad shot, but I remember someone saying on the forums that JP gear, especially the shafts, require more care than stuff made in the states. Hope i"m remembering this right. Besides, it was hypothetical as well.

Edited by shoutout33

I thought the main point, the whole point even with getting a 7D is the fact that they are custom made only for you. I think that makes them impossible to compare to other shafts

This is true Vegaman, but aren't there, from your experiences, some really good shafts out there without SD's bells and whistles?

Keep it simple, Fujikura EVO II for $250 in the proshop.

Very true, the different weights/flexes means almost anybody should be able to find something suitable there

Evo II are super smooth...find the correct flex for your swing and that shaft is as good as anything not named 7D