Mizuno MP-54 is similar to...

shoutout33

what? I know Mizuno is a damn good golf club, but if I'm gonna spend about $1000 on a set, I started to think, should I really limit my options since I know about TSG? The place where I would be buy them, I've already made a verbal agreement, but I always by hats, gloves, balls, etc. from there. I will also be taking lessons as well. They have JDM stuff: Honma, OnOFF, Miura, and others, but I think TSG's prices are a little better. Not 100% sure. With that being said, I really wanted the MP-25's, but after putting marking tape and hitting the faces of these and the HP-54's with Nippons 1150GH (hope I said that right...), I left better markings with the 54's....damn! >:(

Anywho, per the subject box, what JDM line is similar (if that's possible), to the HP-54's. I really like the look of the Buchi VS200 (I really just like the sheep logo. :p), but it's out of my price range and I think its listed as a muscle cavity back....right? The Bridgestone's look really nice too. (Could see doing a combo set with these. Also, I've always had a soft spot for the Muziik's too. (Can't remember what you said about them though Chris. Can't find the message.) Any way fellas, any help here would be greatly appreciated. As much as I want to play blades, even with me taking lessons, I realize that I should look for a players game improvement iron set. Thanks.

Daris 2016

PS

I may still try and do heads only, because the guy (Evan Sturdivant @ Club Champion Golf/ Rockville, MD) that put together my last set was a beast!!! He's working at this location now, so I don't know how this'll work. In other words, if I get fitted by him again, do I have to buy clubs from them.

Do you mean MP-54, perhaps MP-H4 or MP-H5?

If you are looking for JDM irons with similar profile as the MP-54, there are a ton of other options.

Consider MP-55's and ONOFF Kuro's.

Oh yea! forgot about the Japan only MP-55.

Also maybe it's a non issue, but the lofts on the MP-54 Japan version are stronger lofted than the US or EU versions.

4 5 6 7 8 9 P

US/EU 24 27 30 34 38 42 46

Japan 22 25 28 32 36 41 46

Edited by nobmontana