Yamaha Irons.. Best Year(s)/Model(s) for you..

Daveraul

So I have been hunting for a spare Iron Set for quite a while now.. But with such a huge selection from JDM, this has been a frustrating hunt..

However having played my current Yammy (2014 Inpres RMX Tour CB) for a fair bit now, been enjoying it so far..

So was thinking of getting an older yammy set to try out..

There's been quite a fair bit of discussions surrounding Yamaha's irons but information is sporadic and spread out..

So would like some opinions on which Yamaha Models/Year have you played and liked the most out of the rather large selection from Yamaha across the years..

ill be your huckleberry bec NO ONE has owned............... nor hit more Yamaha forged clubs than me.

every tour model form 08 and every forged model since 04 I think...

ask away.......,

I think not just Yamaha, i believed u pretty much have either owned or hit most of the JDM club, U will be everyone huckleberry :P

Guys the new Tour Model 116 and 116 and 216 are all really good.

Tour Model 116 is the best in a few years.

I will post some good pics shortly.

I have the 2009 Tour Model (left-overs from Stu) and they are fantastic! Compact, soft and forgiving enough. Real beauties imo. I've not hit nearly as many of these as Stu but I've had a fair share of JDM irons including Yonex Cybetdtar, Epon 301 and 501, several Vega, PRGR, three sers of Honma etc. Nothing comes close to these. I'm now eyeing a few new sets so they may end up in bst.

ill be your huckleberry bec NO ONE has owned............... nor hit more Yamaha forged clubs than me.

every tour model form 08 and every forged model since 04 I think...

ask away.......,

haha.. that is indeed quite a large number..

Every time I look at other brands, I end up veering back to older Yamahas.. I read somewhere that after 2012 or something, the yammies are no longer endo-forged.. Is that true?

So which year/model are your fav out of all that you have tried..

I have the 2009 Tour Model (left-overs from Stu) and they are fantastic! Compact, soft and forgiving enough. Real beauties imo. I've not hit nearly as many of these as Stu but I've had a fair share of JDM irons including Yonex Cybetdtar, Epon 301 and 501, several Vega, PRGR, three sers of Honma etc. Nothing comes close to these. I'm now eyeing a few new sets so they may end up in bst.

Mate.. I bought/tried Epon 301 and compared it with my yammy but didn't take long for me to get rid of the Epon..

I just need to decide which (older) year/model yammy to try and serve as a back-up when I'm going for holiday or back in Singapore..

The older ones seems to be quite decently priced..

I game a set of '12 tour model cb's and they will never ever leave my possession, I won't necessarily game them all the time but will keep them always, they are superb. I am also currently playing a set of Adams CMB's and they are a very underrated club, not JDM I know but very nice forged irons.

post-17306-0-10709900-1455845125_thumb.j

Edited by oldracer

I think these were the best ever. Golden age of JDM.

v-forged-sold-ou.jpg

Agree, this one looks very nice, I almost got a set of this that time.

Yammy X V Forged tour model 2009 - how forgiving are these clubs?

Im currently gaming epon 501's but I want something new - close to forgiveness would be nice.. But open to suggestions.. =)

I've gamed the 2010 Tour and 2011 Tour, both with Quadra 100i shafts. The 2011 were my fav of the two. Lovely combo. http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/32198-the-no-driver-edition-of-witb/

Wish I'd never sold them...boo hoo hoo. Would like to try the 2009/2012/2013 versions at somepoint, but maybe the non tours this time round :)

Edited by Ian-500

Wasn't '09 the yr the raw wedges came out. I has one in 52* and have thought about getting an iron set.

2008 and 2012.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH except for mr bogey................ I think hes prob the same.

not to create a bru haha but anything from the first blade set 2013 I think they came out. post that have been a humongous let down .

I odnt know what fujjtai pro was thnking but I was immediately lost.

the 080-09-10 were just the pincale of cavity design. if it wernt for the less offset of the prgrs id still be gaming these.

09-10 I think were the best designs they did.

Edited by supo67

I played the '07 last year, and have a demo 5I of the forged 2010, 2013, 2014 (MB&CB). Hold them next to each other, and size is almost identical on all. So if you are looking for more or less forgiveness, you probably would need to go to the Tour model, or forged D models. I didn't see a big difference in the demo irons, but liked the 2014 RMX MB best, forged 2013 2nd best. They are all good. Can't go wrong with any of them. Was a little disappointed with the 2014 CB though.

Edited by donnieu

Not sure if this review was by Tario or Chris but It was great non the less.

Full review here, and undoubtedly forged by endo ;)........http://www.tourspecgolf.com/blog/yamaha-inpres-x-2012-irons-review/

Every year, the V Forged Tour Model Limited Iron sells out within weeks. Only 1200 of these premium Endo forged S20c beauties are made and then quickly swept up acr0ss Japan. 1200 sets may sound like a lot but in a gear crazed market like Japan, even at its higher price, they go like hot cakes. That sometimes leaves us struggling to get enough sets for our own customers. Luckily this year we hit the pre orders much earlier than usual and quite a lot of customers thankfully have them pre ordered. When the V Forged Tour Model was first spotted in Hiroyuki Fujita's bag late this summer, many Yamaha fans hesitated to embrace its looks, myself included. The thing is Yamaha works hard to actually make the iron different from previous years models and of course better. Some of us loyal club addicts take time to embrace something different and the more I look at the Tour Model the more I lie it and see its design strengths.

V-FORGED-TOUR-CAVITY.jpg

As with previous years Tour Models, the 2012 is very sharp. It has a straight top line, the boxiest and highest toe of the 4 models and is of course the most compact with the least offset. While it technically is a small cavity some may mistake its design and look for a neo blade as the cavity runs quite thick and high, almost like a muscle. The extra meat is put there for a couple of reasons, one to raise the center of gravity higher for a more stable spin control type trajectory and of course for feel. Let's cut the technical blah blah here, the fact is the V Forged Tour Model is VERY soft at impact. In fact I smiled every time I struck it pure as I have not hit an iron this soft in a long time. And what amazed me the most was that I COULD strike it pure rather consistently. Its no secret that I am an average golfer with average ball striking skills but dare I say I hit the Tour Model as well if not better than even the average golfer D Forged and Z Cavity!

Edited by hutchy

yammy v forge tour model, 2012 for me. Loved those clubs & regret selling them. Not the softest but somehow worked for me