Basileus AAA 2016

Romaro-Slut

nice one, but this time I wanna try the 50 R or S

have owned the 2013 and 2015, its a very nice shaft.

heard the 2014 is not as good, so I skip it.

Hope this one will be at least as nice as the 2015 or even better

nice one, but this time I wanna try the 50 R or S

have owned the 2013 and 2015, its a very nice shaft.

heard the 2014 is not as good, so I skip it.

Hope this one will be at least as nice as the 2015 or even better

Yeah, i own the 50R for the 2015 model

Need a mid to high launch head on the shaft

Man we need a shaft tech spec rating system or catalogue or something to keep up with all the shaft offering out there.

"During" is "mid" kick. very common mistranslation in these golf literature it seems. :)

aaa2015 was tip stiff and butt stiff from their profile chart where as aaa2016 is a tip stiff but not as stiff butt.

another difference is material. This year, they added Boron to the mix. 80T + T1100G + Boron.

personally not a fan of the shiney gold section. 2015 looked better I think.

Edited by nobmontana

I hit this one last week, it's great but I think the 2015 was tighter, hard to go up from there imo.

This new 2016 I tried in a Jbeam head on the range it's not as laser straight at last years model yet it had the same mid trajectory and felt a stronger kick.

post-18-0-63808200-1456237741_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-41352700-1456237752_thumb.jpg

Not sure about this, but all Boron shafts I tried in the past ( Stinger, Crazy Boron, Basi Z ) seem to play slightly weaker to flex.

Maybe it's just a feel thing, but that elastic kind of feel does make it feel a bit softer IMO.

We are now shipping these!

They will soon be sold out!

[email protected] if interested.

Chris,

they passed all their stock to the distributors! haha

Sold my 2015 AAA to a new owner. hope he enjoys it

After more range time with this shaft I stand corrected, it's performance is very close to the 2015 model just the feel has been much improved.

I needed to test it in the ZY-11 to get a good idea and after doing so it is indeed a better feeling experience than the 2015 model yet with same tight dispersion + mid trajectory.

Nobs, yes.., the borons seem to play softer but I think in reality they play absolutely spot on,

I think its the smoothness of them that leads ur mind asunder. a bit.

I find that they are so non directional and with a so non specific ick point that maybe it feels like its weaker.

in OZ a cpl ofweeks back I layed off a cpl of drives with my stinger X and it was a hideous block right that went no where, a non too subtle reminder to give it a proper rip instead of meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing it.

love boron, my fave material in shafts

Edited by supo67

• 1 month later...

ZY11 w/7D vs ZY11w/AAA 60S

The results are very similar, what's interesting is both shafts go about creating this result two totally different ways, the AAA does it based on materials helping the player square up quickly and keeping spin and trajectory down, the 7D does it by structure/design custom to my swing.

The 2015 AAA performs nearly as good as the 7D matrix shafts

The 2016 AAA performs closer to an L01 but a little more tight and a lower trajectory

I favor the L01 for feel and a high launch low spin, had to remake it once for a tighter dispersion but after that it's my favorite of all time but considering it's cost the 2016 AAA becomes a value.

DSC01554.jpg

DSC08341-Edit-Edit.jpg

Chris how would you rank the AAA 2016, Fujikura Speeder EVO II, the new Crazy flagships and the Diamana X for low spin and dispersion?

Chris how would you rank the AAA 2016, Fujikura Speeder EVO II, the new Crazy flagships and the Diamana X for low spin and dispersion?

I would still go 7D, the fitting form is vital, no other shaft is designed specifically to you, the head and final build specs but also huge is they will remake the shaft and design if your not happy.

Nothing compares.

I'd agree. I've had an interesting experience lately. I've been playing the 7D JBeam Black all year. And When I got the AGrind Proto, I picked up a AAA 2015 and put it in it. Feels good, very consistent, but the difference is noticeable. I've talked about this before, but the 7D adapts to what's working with my swing on any given day. The AAA I feel does what it does-- and well-- but I have to find a groove and hit it that way with each swing to feel like I'm getting the most from it.

Equally interesting though was I also pulled out the 7D t388, which I hadn't hit in a while, and while it, too, is adaptive, I could really feel how that 7D was designed just for the 388 head.

The design specifics are tangible. They max out your swing strengths, but also apply them to the specific head you assign to their project. Truly unique.