FW shaft better then FW80?

sundowner

I've grown real fond of the TRPX Red Hot.

Diamana B70 for 3w

My new favorite is looking to be the Kuro Kage XT 80 in my Grandista 3 wood.

I took it out for the first time today and I was able to hit it straight every single time.

The Grandista head is higher launching and that is probably why this low launching

low spinning shaft works well with this head.

Bought the TPRX and went back to Crazy. The TRPX just wasnt as tight for me in the same flex. Want to try the Basileus but hit the Crazy so well, no need to change except for change's sake.

Is the Crazy FW80 still available?

If you want tight dispersion, checkout the Muziik Bangvoo 787......

• 2 months later...

Hahaha as always so glad there's a clear winner, haha.

I have the Crazy Sigma 50? in my tour stage 12.5 and it's very good. I actually think I prefer it to the FW80.

crazy fw 80 is pretty darn good.

ive found the best fw shaft is STILL....... the diamana boron stinger.

it launches higher its outrageously tight and its a brilliant feel.

I got plenty of others but I don't think id ever not have a stinger

diamana B is another superb fw shaft

qaudra fire express 75sx is another.

my attas went really well.

the sigma was a beauty as well.

if u like a really stout low piercing one the diamanaX is fantastic, not recommended off the deck tho its too low ina 4 or 5 wood tho , this is super

Honestly Mitsubishi might be the best all around graphite shaft company, in my opinion. Everything they put out is excellent. Crazy is also very good but you're paying 2-3 x as much. Fujikura obviously has a proven track record as does UST (Attas' are very good) and Graphite Design. Never played Basileus but people seem to think they're top notch as well.

Can't comment on Seven Dreamers but some say they are the best, largely due to their insanely good fitting process.

My personal pick for most underrated shaft company is Composite Techno - Quadra line. I've played a couple of their shafts and they are absolutely primo. Dispersion and feel is as good as any! Check them out for a FW shaft.

Another underrated shaft (IMO) company was/is called Mach-Line. I played one of their shafts about 8-9 years ago and it was also really solid, actually.

Matrix are ok in my opinion. Not as tight as some of the others.

I've heard this new Padarson company makes good USD shafts as well as some other USD company that does really wild paint jobs. I can't remember the name of them though.

I've never played Loop, TPXD or Masada shafts and Roddio are too soft for me to fairly judge.

roddio didn't really do it in fw shafts. the driver shafts I really like but not so fws.

graph design oh hell yea forgot about them!

they don't get any airplay but they are the stock upgrade for so many OEMS .

I liked the green white one cant rem its coe and the light blue one THAT was insanely good.

diamana is my premier shaft co. as soon as you realsie what the best balce shaft is you tedn to stick to it. since I found the diamansstinger in 2009 its been pretty hard not to have them in most clubs , that and the X are in virtually all my heads.

its their balance points that do it for my swing.

ive not even been interested in the kurokage tho from what I was told at the show its an inferior shaft to the X.

so why bother

Really inferior? Interesting. Stew you gotta try the new Tensei from Mitsubishi! Supposed to be their best yet!