SEVEN X SHINAGAWA BLADE!

12620541_10205583337719856_357869884_o.j

Introducing the SEVEN X SHINAGAWA Blade! This product is a 3-way collaboration design between SEVEN + SKG Shinagawa + Kitada CNC creating a sexy new muscle back iron with inspiration from the classic Macgregor golf irons.

Main-Thumb.jpg

We started by sourcing Japanese S15C billets to produce the blank iron head for this specific design, then after the initial prep grind these heads were sent to Kitada CNC to have the edgy back face milled for consistency in look and weighting perfectly placing the CG depth, height, and location in the perfect spot for each iron, also, the Seven Logo on the back face and neck were CNC milled instead of pressed. After Kitada-San they were sent back to Shinagawa-san for the complete grinding of the heads, extremely limited over two years in the making we are extremely confident in the performance, feel, and quality of SEVEN's latest creation.

DSC09805-Edit.jpg

For those who are not familiar with the brand SEVEN GOLF, it is the house label of TourSpecGolf using only Japanese materials, manufacturing, finishing, parts and assembly it is the forged essence of Japanese Golf Clubs using clean and modern concepts combed with classic influences for the purest player.

As with many SEVEN clubs, the custom options are abundant in the above image you see a black boron plated head with red paint fill and on the bottom a smoked copper finish.

DSC09553-Edit.jpg

We also offer smoked copper with more or less chocolate meaning it can have more gold show through at the customers request. Below the Black Mirror finish provides a soft, sticky impact as the ball compresses against the surface; it's a luxurious dark chrome in the light or a black looking finish in the shadows.

DSC09671-Edit.jpg

The grind itself is something we are very proud of we wanted something unique yet still familiar and through countless prototype samples we designed what we feel is the perfect grind for size, shape, and cg locations on the head.

The toe's highest peak is pushed out past the score line to a sharp toe look, the offset is near nothing it's just enough making it much more hittable, this is the least amount of offset to maintain the optimal performance of this iron, and we tried zero, but in the end the eye wins and we pushed toward near zero offset and the result is beautiful from all angles.

DSC09658-Edit.jpg

Above photo in black mirror finish, below photo in NiCr brushed satin by using Kyoshin Finishing House in Ichikawa Japan this company is right across the street from Shinagawa-san's factory and only produces finishes for the golf industry we adjusted the finish attributes to enhance the S15C's feel. During the manufacturing process we had a few ways to go when it came to the irons impact vibration, by manipulating the hardness rating and or choosing a different finish the feel varied widely this is also why it took us so long to produce with any blade feel is extremely important you don't want a gushy soft all over the face when what the better player desires is feedback on mis-hits yet a soft cold stick of butter feel dead center almost as if the ball disappears off the face. We accomplished our goal.

DSC07004.jpg

Please allow me to summarize this | S15C Japan Forged Heads + CNC Milled Back Face & Logos + Shinagawa Grinders + SEVEN design = a club to appeal to the wants and desires of TourSpecGolf's members.

Let's not forget custom options, we sell these heads only of course but TSG's clubmakers are second to none, and you can judge this for yourself with our ferrule work, custom spec details, paint work and overall build quality, the SEVEN clubs are offered with the finest options available be it Seven Dreamers Iron shafts, Crazy STP's, Fujikura MCI BLACK, Mitsubishi OT-Series and many more, we highly suggest trying the new XROZ grips made in Japan or one of our other extensive grip offerings.

Please visit www.sevengolf.com or see the new SEVEN X Shinagawa MB in the TSG ProShop

Please email [email protected] for your custom spec build as well.

The SEVEN X SHINAGAWA Blade is Limited to only 15 sets available at the moment.

DSC07008.jpg
DSC06993.jpg
DSC09698-Edit.jpg
DSC00058-Edit.jpg
DSC09606-Edit.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!! This is the one! this is the one! this is the one!!!

Looks just like the one Shinagawa-san did two years ago at the Golf Fair!

Chris, you nailed it!! This will look so sexy in raw. I have CBI-80 shafts waiting for these!

OMG!!! This is the one! this is the one! this is the one!!!

Looks just like the one Shinagawa-san did two years ago at the Golf Fair!

Chris, you nailed it!! This will look so sexy in raw. I have CBI-80 shafts waiting for these!

He's no joke that guy, we were working on this iron even before the golf show, that is actually a completely different head with a similar backface, we had to start from scratch on it because using that head we could not get the minimal offset done so basically its a new head with the same back face with a totally different shape, no gooseneck at all.

Quality is top notch on this one, the satin finish has great feel it's a very dull satin no gloss at all, I have not hit coppers yet we have so few sets I've got mine and been happy with them.

These are my gamers for 1.5 years I just didn't mention, I'm sorry but they are only sold 3-PW. I play them with MCI-120's for now.

So raw finish is kinda my thing now. Can these heads be had in raw unplated finish?

WOW :tsg_smilie_surprise: it's just loooook great, how much for it?

So raw finish is kinda my thing now. Can these heads be had in raw unplated finish?

No problem at all. reminds me of the Japanese knives how they have no finish and require a grinding stone to keep them sharp and free of rust.

Very nice. Is it me or do these look very similar to the Chujo Craft blades?

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/40083-chujo-craft/

Chujo craft wasn't even a thought when we started and finished these. Ask T :)

Also I've been showing these to some TSG'ers since over a year ago.

AND... these are Handmade IN Japan!

u nailed it with no offset...............................

fantastic.

fthese in hand are just so superb to look at.

I was going to get an original set but the offset on the originals did me in.

well done!!!!

the peak of the tow being beyond the score lines is a very subtle detail but really makes the face for me. gives it hat great high toe look without being boxy looking, which is very aesthetically pleasing. well done Chris! m

can you compare how here feel compared to the last seven irons?

Edited by needmoregolf

u nailed it with no offset...............................

fantastic.

fthese in hand are just so superb to look at.

I was going to get an original set but the offset on the originals did me in.

well done!!!!

You can borrow my irons for a month while I'm in up north but they have MCI 120 Stiff's.

the leak of the tow being beyond the score lines is a very subtle detail but really makes the face for me. gives it hat great high toe look without being boxy looking, which is very aesthetically pleasing. well done Chris! m

can you compare how here feel compared to the last seven irons?

Very different in feel compared to original CB. There was orig CB in S15C and then SS400 but made by different factory. those were pretty soft equally on the face, a little harsh on the toe because they were thin CBs.

Totally different feel on the new MB, different metal supplier, the grind and shinagawa and the fact it's an MB makes it a lot more pure, more disappearing ball feel center, yet firmer outside vs CB, I think the MB is much better balanced.

Also there is the newest 2016 CB which is more mid sized to go against the ONOFF Kuro's. those are softer all over the club face imo.

Everyone gets different results/feels, so much depends on how you strike it center and the shaft.

MCi 120 stiffs will be close to perfect now id think,,

started interlocking grip on irons agin this weekend so ill prob need to back off in shaft flex again.

I was pulling too many shots hook with the baseball grip on my irons

I cant wait to try these!,

I will take them to my irons-only course near Fuji for a session , that way I wont need to waste shots on fariway woods~!

Edited by supo67

MCi 120 stiffs will be close to perfect now id think,,

started interlocking grip on irons agin this weekend so ill prob need to back off in shaft flex again.

I was pulling too many shots hook with the baseball grip on my irons

I cant wait to try these!,

I will take them to my irons-only course near Fuji for a session , that way I wont need to waste shots on fariway woods~!

Pray tell.. Which course is that?

this is my current secret fave.

irons only on on virtually ever hole from the the fairway.

lots of varing elevation change and doglegs to negotiate.

its all driver, irons and wedges . perfect for practicing

Edited by supo67

Absolutely stunning.. Having Mt Fuji on the backdrop appears to allow some tranquility to enjoy the feel of pureing these blades I would imagine..

I need to get my ass to Japan for a couple rounds......

Sorry for digressing, Chris..

Edited by Daveraul

this is my current secret fave.

irons only on on virtually ever hole from the the fairway.

lots of varing elevation change and doglegs to negotiate.

its all driver, irons and wedges . perfect for practicing

wow nice.....

Been looking forward to see what Seven released for their MB, these are beautiful!!!

Please post a pic of the coppers! :-o

Edited by chiromikey

Those are some of the most beautiful blades I've ever seen !

Visually stunning !

Chujo craft wasn't even a thought when we started and finished these. Ask T :)

Also I've been showing these to some TSG'ers since over a year ago.

AND... these are Handmade IN Japan!

Well, when it comes to blades, there's really nothing new under the sun; just about everything, in one way or another, is a tribute to designs pioneered by Hogan, MacGregor, Spalding, and Wilson. Again, very nice looking classic here, Chris.

post-15444-0-11781300-1457359343_thumb.j post-15444-0-07335700-1457359363_thumb.j

Edited by kaaayelll

Pure s-x there ? Well done!

Edited by bngolfer