SEVEN Hizukuri PROTO-L | HAND FORGED

XF5A5649-1-Edit-Edit.jpg

Some Japanese Golf Clubs are still made the old fashion way like SEVEN's Hizukuri Putter - It starts with our heavy head made of S20C the furnace is heated to about 1200 degree's putting the S20C on the verge of melting which makes it easier to manipulate and bend by hand.

The crafter then pulls the head from the fire while it's glowing red and pounds and pounds with a hammer over and over again layering the steel and compressing it while pulling and bending the neck section to shape.

Dummy3.jpg

After the head is in it's basic form the grinder takes over to meticulously hand grind it to the desired shape and weight, with classic style designs like this it's very difficult to make a heavy head but by utilizing the ancient Hizukuri forging process we are able to condense more weight into this smaller head, it is the only way and in my opinion really cool.

DSC00387-Edit.jpg

Usually these L shaped putters being so light and just their overall design work best on blazing fast greens or require a bigger & stronger stroke to get the same distance as a modern putter so we decided to keep it null of any face milling which maintains the most distance possible.

DSC00382-Edit.jpg

And because of the hand forging process the S20C is actually forged first by press then forged once again by hand so it's uber soft following that the metal is tempered in water then sits for 2 days in the ashes of rice straw to further cure it's molecular structure.

we then send them to get the softest finish NiCr possible applied because flat faces tend to feel firm but the result of the hand forging + material and finish this putter feels buttery soft.

DSC00373-Edit.jpg

We thought long and hard about adding milling but decided to keep it classic, we thought long and hard about stamping but thought nah how can we ruin this head with anything on it, forget branding, forget what brand made it all that does not matter, this is SEVEN this is what the player wants it's not blank the brand is just invisible :)

These are extremely expensive to produce so we are making very few made to order only, if the client wants customizations we will send it to golds factory. This putter needs nothing.

DSC00392-Edit.jpg

So.... What's the damage like, Chris..

Good heavens.. Time to sell my other L Putters...

Any specs available like head weight and lie/loft?

Could do with a very small seven logo on the toe end surface where it would not be noticeable at address or when oogling at this?

Or high on the neck like the Zen?

Would still want this to be identifiable..

Edited by Daveraul

I love L's on fast firm greens but on soft hairy greens especially long putts they are worthless to me.

it's funny, I actually putt faster with them as there is less offset. I have to conciously putt with a slower pace otherwise I have a horrible putting day.

We can do any head weight as they are made to order but the heavier you go the thicker the shape becomes which I wouldnt mind at all, a chunky 360g version would also be cool.

or send to golds like hutchys rad ping years back.

logo or not is fine with me.

We can do any head weight as they are made to order but the heavier you go the thicker the shape becomes which I wouldnt mind at all, a chunky 360g version would also be cool.

or send to golds like hutchys rad ping years back.

logo or not is fine with me.

Where will the mass be added if you go heavier? Will it be longer or just wider?

I really like this putter but it looks so a little thin at the neck transision. Maybe its just the pics.

Yup photos show a thin neck, I've played this putter and didn't notice it will have to take another look.

Best part of made to order and handmade is request a thicker neck.

Weight is usually distributed evenly across the top line, sole thickness usually horizontally or just a smidgen vertical.

paging mr hutchy!! this is superb and I love me an L shaped putter, nownonlynifbi could putt well with one!! bollocks!!

Haha Mr D

Yes this is definitely a blade putter, will see if it grows on me and grabs me. ATM I dont see the value in a very expensive blank that will need big bucks dropped on it via golds.

Just out-of curiosity whats the line on this Chris?

Edited by hutchy

Haha Mr D

Yes this is definitely a blade putter, will see if it grows on me and grabs me. ATM I dont see the value in a very expensive blank that will need big bucks dropped on it via golds.

Just out-of curiosity whats the line on this Chris?

Pay no attention to this one hutch, It ran for a grand and I'm sold out.