Kamui Works KM-300 Custom Spec Driver

a non conforming inner rebound spring that at the moment of impact releases forward for a more powerful reflection off the club face, this spring makes this club non conforming in a new way usually non conforming is judged by the face COR related to thinness but Kamui Works has introduced this new method for even more distance advantage to the player. These are custom handmade heads so the options on these are many yes you can order this conforming but it will not have the inner spring.

Like the previous KM-200 they pump air into the head to further increase rebound along with grooves on both the inside and outside of the face to create better forgiveness on the heel and toe side, as you can see there is a cut in the rear moving the cg forward and low for a low spin mid/high trajectory.

DSC00363-Edit.jpg

DSC00351-Edit.jpg

DSC00360-Edit.jpg

DSC00349-Edit.jpg

DSC00328-Edit.jpg

DSC00334-Edit.jpg

The Ryoma Special Tune is the longest driver in its segment, the factories and industry insiders know this and have known since the D1, one of the main reasons besides the design is because its on the limit of tolorence for breakage hence why there is an issue with cracked heads. Ryoma's and especially the special tunes have the thinnest bodies and faces in golf.

The designer Tanimoto-san is from the medical device industry he operates to a different tune than the rest of the Japan Golf Industry.

The Ryoma Special Tune is the longest driver in its segment, the factories and industry insiders know this and have known since the D1, one of the main reasons besides the design is because its on the limit of tolorence for breakage hence why there is an issue with cracked heads. Ryoma's and especially the special tunes have the thinnest bodies and faces in golf.

The designer Tanimoto-san is from the medical device industry he operates to a different tune than the rest of the Japan Golf Industry.

No wonder I am finding it v hard to find a driver for me to beat it. The ST is my current gamer.

No wonder I am finding it v hard to find a driver for me to beat it. The ST is my current gamer.

Similar to the Ryoma U its the longest UT Ive ever hit also F3 provided the player can make clean contact and has the proper shaft.

TSG gets a lot of feedback from members via our automated review emails and just through converstion with customers, hands down for swingers around 100 and below Ryoma products produce the best distance and for guys like yourself who have the ability to buy and try everything so many end again and again with the ST Maxima, they all keep looking of course but its proven to be futile after a Ryoma w/7D my job gets next to impossible helping them find something longer.

Haaa.... no wonder.... I have try so many driver....... in the end i will always go back to my Ryoma maxima ST, also the wood, not the best sound but in the end still nothing can beat that, if there is something out there, let me know please.

So this would be non-conforming but not brittle for us higher swing speed players?

So this would be non-conforming but not brittle for us higher swing speed players?

Most non conformig drivers can still handle some pretty high speeds but i wouldnt suggest over 100mph just to be safe.

Ryoma caps the conforming models at 50ms or 111mph and non conforming at around100mph. I still suggest no more than 95mph on the ST Maxima and dont let your fast swinging buddy to hit your ST.

Most non conformig drivers can still handle some pretty high speeds but i wouldnt suggest over 100mph just to be safe.

Ryoma caps the conforming models at 50ms or 111mph and non conforming at around100mph. I still suggest no more than 95mph on the ST Maxima and dont let your fast swinging buddy to hit your ST.

I guess I want to know wether this particular non-conforming Kamui driver is not as brittle-faced as the usual Non-conforming heads, since what makes it non-conforming is the spring behind the face and not a ultra thin shaved face. making it a choice for high SS players. Or does it also feature a super thin shaved sensitive/crack-prone face?

Edited by Vegaman

I would love to see a test and review of this club. The spring concept is interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

When will these be in stock to order? I'm drooling for one now. So with my swing speed right around 100 and less a non comforting head should work just fine for me, is this right? What kind of shaft comes stock with this head?

These come standard as non conforming, the spring is removed if you order conforming.

The head still has air pressure pumped into it based on swing speed.

Also rule of thumb is if you swing over 100mph go with conforming.

What kind of shaft comes stock with this head?

Fujikura DODECAGON.

http://kamuiworksjapan.com/kamui-km-300-driver-high/

Edited by driverhead

Slightly confused, is the gold and silver head non conforming (with spring) and the black head conforming (without spring).

Edited by ukok

I will do a better job making it clear.

How to tell a conforming vs non conforming head - conforming heads have no half lofts stamped while non conforming do. You can order any real loft on either it's just the .5 designates it is non conforming.

Black sole finish is only available in conforming.

Silver & Gold is non conforming

Conforming heads do not have the spring inside of it.

There is air pressure injected into these heads, air doesn't release if you change shafts.

Under HS39m/s 50kps air
HS40 to 42m/s 60kpa air
Over HS43m/s 80kpa air

Left handed is available.

Ive noticed some versions of these heads have a valve in the front part of the bottom cavity. The picture in top of this thread shows the even loft (conforming). Every picture I have seen of the nonconforming heads (10.5 11.5) doesn't have a valve. Is this correct?

kamui_km300.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by driverhead