Coming this week...

We will highlight a woman known as the Jewel of the shaft industry, from her hands countless major victories have been achieved a 30+ year veteran of the trade who is without a doubt the best at what she does.. as well as a cute little old lady :tsg_smiley_heart::tsg_smiley_heart::tsg_smiley_heart:

post-18-0-71955200-1457854483_thumb.jpg

There are so many women in every brand that get zero credit even though they are the final set of eyes and hands to touch your clubs, we talk about Japanese tolerance yet we don't give enough credit to the lovely ladies that make sure it lands in our hands that way.

Nice one Chris. This is the best way to show some of the "less tangible" things about JDM. No different to when you go to Japan and see the person early in the morning sweeping the gutter "doing their job job really well".

This woman, everyone has tried to hire her and her best friend ( a man ) not married to eachother just long time friends from work, these two stay together and do their best work together.

The company that has landed this duo is lucky as money alone could not acquire them, all the top shaft brands have tried but bottom line is if you have these two as part of your team your making damn good shafts no matter what. They are responsible for the best years of so many shaft companies it's ridiculous.

The PGA Tour Players and most JPGA tour players know nothing of them, the executives at the U.S subsidiary's of the world's best shaft companies are not privy to this history, this stuff runs deep and part of the DNA of JDM land.

Nice one Chris. This is the best way to show some of the "less tangible" things about JDM. No different to when you go to Japan and see the person early in the morning sweeping the gutter "doing their job job really well".

While much of Japan drives me up the wall at the same time so much more mystify's me, the culture has created their greatness as well as their downfalls but that goes for everyone on this tiny planet no matter where we lay.

How does the old man sweeping the gutter get up at 3am press his clothes, wear white gloves keeping them spotless throughout the day yet doing a job that 2 younger men could not do... no idea. I'm just a spectator to it all.

Totally get what you are saying. In AUS we have SO many rules. It keeps us clean and safe, but at times it is also very frustrating, particularly for visitors from other places.

Nowhere is perfect, and everywhere is interesting as far as I am concerned.

TSG was one of the things that introduced me to Japan and I have to thank Chris for that (I recall meeting him in person on my first of many trips). Now I go to Japan as often as I can. Next trip early May!

What shaft company does she work for now?

Taylormade! ?

Edited by Petethepilot

I am interested in hearing about the "countless major victories"..... says she has worked for Graphite Design or Mitsubishi along the way??