More Pics of the 2016 Titleist VG3 Forged Irons

DSC07300-Edit.jpg

Introducing the new 2016 VG3's by Titleist. Only offered in Japan the VG3 series is geared toward the mid to low handicap player the forged version as seen in these photos features very little offset yet with a rounded somewhat thick topline it's forged head has a progressive cavity with short irons having no undercut while the mid to long irons have a deeper CNC milled undercut for extra added forgiveness. The soles of the mid to long irons also feature embedded tungsten weighting spread optimally across the entire sole area making these very forgiving and lowering the trajectory which blends well with it's stronger lofts somewhat the same combo used in the Titleist T-MB 716 irons, but these are not stainless steel or hollow like the T-MB they are soft forged 1 piece heads, just the way we like um.

DSC07304-Edit.jpg

Above - PW

DSC07309-Edit.jpg

Above - PW Face

DSC07318-Edit.jpg

Above - PW shows minimal offset while the top line isn't all that thick with nice rounded edges.

DSC07319-Edit.jpg

Above - better image of the lack of an undercut, you don't need an undercut with the short irons and you want something with a more mid trajectory designed around accuracy and manipulating approach shots.

DSC07325-Edit.jpg

Above - PW sole isn't wide, more medium size

DSC07330-Edit.jpg

Above - nice shot of the undercut cavity depth

DSC07337-Edit.jpg

Above - notice the CNC milling marks within the cavity.

DSC07354-Edit.jpg

Above - Beautiful face shape on the #7 iron

DSC07347-Edit.jpg

Above - the #7 has a thicker top line than the PW yet not chunky, the rounded edges make the shape very attractive and hides extra size well. The heel to toe length is not long it's on the shorter side.

DSC07357-Edit.jpg

Above - #7 sole is perfect for the mid handicapper

DSC07365-Edit.jpg

Above - #5

DSC07384-Edit.jpg
Above - #5 has a more shallow face height for a lower CG making the long irons very easy to hit
DSC07394-Edit.jpg
Above - very nice amount of offset for a long iron
DSC07408-Edit.jpg
Above - I'm happy they didn't make a wide sole long iron
DSC07400-Edit.jpg
DSC07402-Edit.jpg
DSC07403-Edit.jpg

I bought a set of these on a recent trip to Japan and they are amazing.

Looks and hits great.

Incredibly forgiving.

I thinned and pushed a shot so badly that I barely hit the ball and it still carried pin high.

My flight mate's jaw was dragging on the fairway.... Lol

These look terrific. Anyone else have had an opportunity to play them? I have the 2014 version and am curious to see how they compare.

I've seen these in person, they really do look great. Sorta look like the ultimate mix of looks and forgiveness

• 2 weeks later...

These look terrific. Anyone else have had an opportunity to play them? I have the 2014 version and am curious to see how they compare.

There has gotta be a ton of reviews as we have shipped many.

I've hit these on the range and in the swing cage at the golf show and compared to the 2014's they are longer, more forgiving, totally different type of soft feel, lower launching if I remember the 2014's correctly, slightly larger. It's for sure an improvement and while the previous 2 versions were fairly similar these new VG3's are completely different. It's closest resemblance is the T-MB in flight and distance with simply better feel and forgiveness.

• 5 months later...

Been playing these all summer. My first set of VG3s.  Man have I been missing out.  Previously played the OnOff Kuro Forged.  These are much more forgiving while giving a similar profile at address. Very solid feeling as well. So forgiving I may have to order the 4 iron and get rid of a hybrid.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that is pretty. its like a forged, slightly redesigned ap1

• 4 months later...

I've been playing the VG3s since last August and they have been fantastic..  Very similar to the AP2s...but then again totally different if that makes any sense.

Long

Forgiving

A soft, but solid feel

If you have the chance to buy a set, get it - you won't regret it.

Cheers,

TK