I'm living in Japan right now, the business end has been great working on projects that will make you guys very very happy in years to come BUT....

My Golf situation is not the best here, consider this a rant... In the states I lived on a private course "dragon ridge" had a fast cart, club making room and photography room it was the perfect setup to test, build, and shoot clubs. I averaged 3 rounds a week just hop in the cart with 30+ clubs in 2 bags and get on the course to play as many holes as I wanted usually 4-9 holes at a time during empty hours. Plenty of Golf, Plenty of Testing.

In Contrast Japan has been very different, no space to hold many clubs, golf takes all day from 7am to 6pm and it's a good 1-2 hours each way. Gotta play a full 18 by the rules with only 1 bag, can't play as a single easily, the lunch break between 9's, can't just walk on anymore, it simply takes too long and isn't as casual.

They need to make Golf more fun and casual in Japan.

Rant Over...

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahaahaah...........,

good luck!

you will be playing mid week I presume.. bec weeknds are a joke.

if iwere you id join a club, they wil llet u play by yourself, only members are allwed to do that and if u find the right one u can play a fair few more clubs that normal. ull get a strange look from the caddies, but ur western so they they just expcect weirdness.

and as ive said here so many times there is no "golf" in japan.

golf is a meeting on a garden hitting balls for 99% of people here.

its a foray into western world with the captured ear of a customer for the entire day.

fun??

golf??

here........

bwahhhahahahahahaaaha............

no sir!

I'm living in Japan right now, the business end has been great working on projects that will make you guys very very happy in years to come BUT....

My Golf situation is not the best here, consider this a rant... In the states I lived on a private course "dragon ridge" had a fast cart, club making room and photography room it was the perfect setup to test, build, and shoot clubs. I averaged 3 rounds a week just hop in the cart with 30+ clubs in 2 bags and get on the course to play as many holes as I wanted usually 4-9 holes at a time during empty hours. Plenty of Golf, Plenty of Testing.

In Contrast Japan has been very different, no space to hold many clubs, golf takes all day from 7am to 6pm and it's a good 1-2 hours each way. Gotta play a full 18 by the rules with only 1 bag, can't play as a single easily, the lunch break between 9's, can't just walk on anymore, it simply takes too long and isn't as casual.

They need to make Golf more fun and casual in Japan.

Rant Over...

You'll have to pay through the nose to play fun and casual golf in Japan...

supo's correct in the fact that you'll have to be a member to play on your own. A business owner friend of mine regularly plays 9 holes by himself first thing in the morning at his course, showers, changes and then goes into work.

Edited by Golfbaka

Even with a membership good courses are still 1 or 2 + hours each way from my shinjuku apt then after 9 holes I'm still at a 6+ hour day with travel time.

I'm not just talking about playing golf, I need to test clubs. that's at least 30 clubs + camera time.

My golf trip to Japan was fantastic but it actually made me realize how fortunate I am to be enjoying golf in the states. Now even when I travel to states other than Arizona I feel fortunate! Here, I'm less than hour away from at least 100 courses and many of those are probably considered some of the best in the nation.

• 2 weeks later...

My golf trip to Japan was fantastic but it actually made me realize how fortunate I am to be enjoying golf in the states. Now even when I travel to states other than Arizona I feel fortunate! Here, I'm less than hour away from at least 100 courses and many of those are probably considered some of the best in the nation.

tell me about it. sometimes I'm lazy to play golf because my course is 1 hr away via expressway

while my other course is 30 mins away but its always a 30 minute ride of congested city traffic.

wow I'm blessed! il put this into perspective and not take the drive for granted.

no wonder golf tourism in the philippines is booming, lots of japanese here enjoying the convenient golf and cheap fees and quick rounds!

tell me about it. sometimes I'm lazy to play golf because my course is 1 hr away via expressway

while my other course is 30 mins away but its always a 30 minute ride of congested city traffic.

wow I'm blessed! il put this into perspective and not take the drive for granted.

no wonder golf tourism in the philippines is booming, lots of japanese here enjoying the convenient golf and cheap fees and quick rounds!

Memories!

Might see you again C.

Returning to International flying in the next 3 months!

Pete

Memories!

Might see you again C.

Returning to International flying in the next 3 months!

Pete

Great! Hit me up when you got your schedule. Been too long mate!