Help please! Looking for a set of high end graphite shafts with .355 taper

Timh76

Any recommendations other than steel "fiber? Bit of background here. I bought a new set of CB 501's Miuras along with a beautiful set of Muziik Bangvoo shafts but the hosel in the clubs only take a .355 and my shafts are a .370 and tsg won't swap them out for me. Instead they suggested I bore out the hosels to fit the shafts which to me is crazy. So I'm asking to see if there are any good shafts out there with a .355 taper.

Edited by Timh76

Wow Hutchy! You are amazing sir!

The best carbon shafts available are:

Mitsubishi OTi 75/85/95/105

Fujikura MCI or MCI Black Series just released

Crazy STP

and of course the Constant weight/cpm Seven Dreamers Shafts Coming in August.

Chris, any chance you can give me a ring?

Mci 120's are great for me. Any good fitter can sand down .370 to .355

I am pressed for time and need to order them tonight. Been trying to get info from customer service but it's conflicting and my confidence is wary based on what Jacque told me. Thanks for the input all. Hopefully I can get chris to call me.

With STP you need to select the weight range appropriately .

STP 100 is quite stout. I am actually selling mine. Too hefty for the old man. :(

My back up has the CBI80 limited in the "Stick" flex which is supposedly a "regular" flex is perfect for me.

These shafts are currently in a Yonex Nanov Nextage Forged Cavity ( non-tour ) which luckily came with a .370 hosel to begin with.

I love this set up. Endo forged S20C somehow feels softer than any other Endo irons I have tried.

CBI-80 shafts only compliment the soft feel further. Hard to believe these are actually graphite shafts.

I am going to try the Modus 105 with my main set.

The attas iron line in heavier weights is another favorite of mine. Look at the Attas 10 and I believe they have a 115 weight now too. Solid stuff. Those and the mci120's would be my choice.

Nob,

Are the CBI's .355 as well? Those are the shafts I'm leaning toward.

Tim,

CBI-80 Limiteds are no longer available. but they are .370.

STP 100 were .370 but I sanded them down to fit a .355 hosel

Since most the shafts mentioned are 0.370 which needs to be sanded down to fit, you might as well consider the Bangvoo that your already own. It would be the same exercise of sanding it down. My fitter sanded down the MCI to fit my AF703 and OT85 to fit my RF551 without any issue.

Even if your shafts are .355 understand that Miura heads need to be bored out anyway as they come smaller than .355 standard.

No bore = No shaft no matter the tip size and I wouldn't suggest sanding the tip vs boring the hosel to the proper size.

If OEMs reem to .370 from .355 why is it not good enough for

you?

Always use a professional clubmaker, if he hasnt told you this time to find a new one.

The MCI can be custom ordered 0.355 I believe.

Yes MCI and the new MCI black can be ordered .355 but in this case with Miura heads he needs to bore anyway even to fit those.

My club maker is fine. He feels that shafts made at .355 have a better ability to work the ball than shafts made at .370. I can't imagine there isn't some truth to that. I don't think sanding is the answer more than getting the proper fitting shaft.

Edited by Timh76

Disaster averted. Thanks to everyone for your help.

My club maker is fine. He feels that shafts made at .355 have a better ability to work the ball than shafts made at .370. I can't imagine there isn't some truth to that. I don't think sanding is the answer more than getting the proper fitting shaft.

while in theory there is some truth to that you should pay no attention to it as the difference would be so minuscule it cant be quantified by any human or even swing robot. It would have more to do with the tip playing more active than workability as well. Its a hair too small to split.