Technica 2200

Hutch

Any long standing JDM ho's out there had any experience with the original epon Technica 2200 forged blade or similar.

I love the look of these and recently picked a set up in fantastic condition 3 through SW, wernt cheap but thought worth the effort given how rare and the condition.

Any feedback on these would be much appreciated before I refurbish with some new shafts and a set of gripmasters.

Cheers

600x450-2016041700002.jpg

Edited by hutchy

Would love a couple of technica wedges 54/58

Gona be building a classic bag

Have the Technica 380 driver, any other technica gear anyone wants to move?

This is the bag

post-16237-0-23014800-1461471701_thumb.j

Edited by hutchy

Those look sweet Hutch. Some of the older stuff does look very cool, be it jdm or usdm.

Ta Ian

Thinking was blades are blades right? Not much technology just pure. New shafts with today's advancements and they should be as good as any...Hopefully.

Tech wedges and 3W found. Cheers Deano and Daz.

Only 5W needed.

Zen will be the flatty, classic in all regards.

It's not that simple CG, head weight, lofts, CG depth and height, and manufacturing methods of yesterday vs today means blades are not blades.

for example you would suspect those should be low CG, higher launching easier to hit due to the shallow face and mass low? well it's very likely that there are easier to hit higher launching recent blades that don't have as much mass low and a taller face. know what I mean?

Anyway enjoy, I've seen these before even older models in Japan never hit them though.

Thanks for the insight Chris, yep know what you mean...easy is god for me. Will pick your brains on shaft options once I have weighed the heads if ok with you. I ant up with CGs and alike so advice would be cool. Being weaker lofts do you think I should shaft out of sync to accommodate lofts and CG?

This will be fun...Plan is play everything half inch shorter than my STD for nice control.

Thanks for the insight Chris, yep know what you mean...easy is god for me. Will pick your brains on shaft options once I have weighed the heads if ok with you. I ant up with CGs and alike so advice would be cool. Being weaker lofts do you think I should shaft out of sync to accommodate lofts and CG?

This will be fun...Plan is play everything half inch shorter than my STD for nice control.

I would say dont put much $$$ into it or overthink it. a set of decent used shafts at your lie/length/swing weight/grip size is enough.

• 4 weeks later...

So much good gear around D (past & present) it would be difficult picking lemons ;)

I am looking forward to re shafting these though with some nice ferrules (epon single silver ring) then a set of grip-master black wraps.

These will be the coolest clubs I own, not sure if they will be the best but fun non the less.