Longest Driver in Japan

hsu888

Dear fellas

Could anybody tell me ASAP what the longest driver ( Same shaft = Tour AD GP 6 ) is in Japan now ? Please recommend ! Thank you so much !

Driver heads as follows :

(1) Grand Prix - One minute G57

(2) Metal Factory - A7

(3) Honma TW727 455s

(4) Tour AD DI

(5) Titleist 915 D3

Thats a sad list you have there. None of the above.

but in short the answer is simple: the one that fits you and has the right shaft combo for your swing.

your question is as broad as asking "what loft is the best?"

Correct, question is futile but in the age of you tube reviews, wouldn't it be great for side by side driver comparisons. Same spec, same shaft etc. Low handicapper, high handicapper. Even JDM v USDM.

Correct, question is futile but in the age of you tube reviews, wouldn't it be great for side by side driver comparisons. Same spec, same shaft etc. Low handicapper, high handicapper. Even JDM v USDM.

If you were to isolate as many variables as possible with the use of a swing robot indoors all drivers would be 5yds possibly 10 at most longer/shorter than each other.

but if you pair the proper attributes to the player with head and shafts you can find up to 30yds difference.

Agree and disagree. If you are splashing out hundreds of bucks or more on a driver head, it would be nice to have some idea on how it performs instead of buying blind.

I buy new stuff based on my own past experience combined with design information of the new stuff.

Yes, it gets me in trouble sometimes where it flat out does not work at all...

I like to experiement new things. It's part of the fun.

But after trying 100+ ( maybe more.. ) drivers and shaft combos in the last 5 years, I think I am getting better at identifying combos that work for me without actually testing it. Even then, there are surprises both good and bad.

If you do not like to experiment, best to go get fitted at a shop and buy something that works best for you and not choose off a general list that is really a list of "who paid the magazine the most money!!"

4 isn't even a driver, that's just a shaft!

I thought there was a post recently about a "Tour AD" logo'd driver head some distributor created for advertising or something....

Agree and disagree. If you are splashing out hundreds of bucks or more on a driver head, it would be nice to have some idea on how it performs instead of buying blind.

Well of course the more is merrier.

I thought there was a post recently about a "Tour AD" logo'd driver head some distributor created for advertising or something....

Yup that post is on page 2. Have you seen the cast irons?

Graphite Design is doing themselves damage to their reputation by letting these things out in the wild like this.

Can you believe my mate over here has 3 orders for those hideous fujikura irons. I just laughed.

Just shows how your average Joe buys in to the bulls**t with these hot lists and golf spy bollocks.

The longest driver depends on what best for each user and their specific swing.

One web site tests about 25 drivers every year. I won't list the site. There are several. As mentioned above, the distance average varied only from 256.2 yards to 267.5 yards, testing with a group of various golfers. Not significant. Royal Collection SFD X7 finished 1st and 3rd in under and over 100MPH swing speeds with 266.6 overall average. Only other JDM driver in the test was Z745 at 259.3. I haven't seen SFD X7 mentioned here in the forum, but they are nice looking woods.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/royal-collection-2014-sfd-x7-driver

One web site tests about 25 drivers every year. I won't list the site. There are several. As mentioned above, the distance average varied only from 256.2 yards to 267.5 yards, testing with a group of various golfers. Not significant. Royal Collection SFD X7 finished 1st and 3rd in under and over 100MPH swing speeds with 266.6 overall average. Only other JDM driver in the test was Z745 at 259.3. I haven't seen SFD X7 mentioned here in the forum, but they are nice looking woods.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/royal-collection-2014-sfd-x7-driver

That head is not 10yds longer than the other heads in thay trial.

The difference in distance is due to how that club head+shaft+build specs fit the player.

Each of those players should have better yardage with their own gamers if they dont then they have a lot to learn about what equipment works for them.