Leather putter grip - get tack back?

wedda

Hi guys,

I got a stitchback midsize on my putter - after cleaning it with only water and using my hands as a tool the tackiness of the grip disappeared somehow.. Any tips of getting some of it back?

Cheers =)

Leather cleaner removes the grease left from your hands. Not the cream cleaner, use the liquid cleaner.

Thanks! It worked nicely! :-)

The gripmaster kicked the superstroke out of the bag - also beacuse of it looks of course!

File%2009-05-16%2008%2050%2017.jpeg

Gripmaster offers a conditioner for their putter grips. I use a tiny bit about every dozen rounds.

Thanks! It worked nicely! :-)

The gripmaster kicked the superstroke out of the bag - also beacuse of it looks of course!

File%2009-05-16%2008%2050%2017.jpeg

No worries, glad I could help.

• 3 weeks later...

Gripmaster offers a conditioner for their putter grips. I use a tiny bit about every dozen rounds.

I emailed gripmaster but I do not get an answer from them.. =)

• 1 year later...

Ben Jackson from GripMaster Australia advised me that they did make/sell a conditioner about ten years ago; but that was for different leather to what they are now using. They no longer sell any conditioner. 

• 3 months later...

I got some used stitchbacks that seems impossible to get tack back on.. first I used water on a towel.. then I tried some soap.. lastly I tried some nafta.. nafta was the best but still doesnt seem to give me the tack im after.. Anyone tried saddlesoap? or is there anything I can get from gripmaster?

Yes, I don't know if they still do but Gripmasters used to offer a small jar of jelly like conditioner that brings back the tackiness on their putter grips. Once the grip is several years old you may find you'll have to apply it every few rounds but it works. It's almost like a grease so apply a very small amount the night before you play and it will last a few weeks, maybe longer in a non desert climate such as mine.

8 hours ago, wedda said:

I got some used stitchbacks that seems impossible to get tack back on.. first I used water on a towel.. then I tried some soap.. lastly I tried some nafta.. nafta was the best but still doesnt seem to give me the tack im after.. Anyone tried saddlesoap? or is there anything I can get from gripmaster?

Window  cleaner (fönsterputs) will do the trick ;-)

Edited by Leffe

13 hours ago, Leffe said:

Window  cleaner (fönsterputs) will do the trick ;-)

Haha will try once I get home! 

Still gaming that Modart or are you selling it to me? =)

My Modart will not leave my bag ;-)