ZEN dilemna , looking for replaecment

smstef

Hi

here is my situation , I'm on the way to a SGI bag , I'm usually playing in the evening after work so I need forgiveness

had 302s that I changed for 703, perfect and easy

Had DI Epon that I changed for the proto Ut , also perfect and easy .

now the putter problem ...

the zen is great , soft , pure , beautiful , unique ... but not really easy , even after fitting , I still don't have consistancy with it .

so I'm looking for forgiveness , anser style is what I like

so if you have , and I'm sure you do , any experience with a forgiving putter with a maximum budget of 700 $

thanks and have a nice week

Stéphane

The Ryoma P3 remains the most unique feeling putter I've ever rolled. It's the one that actually took me away from the Zen and my Golds Yamada. It was love at first stroke, and it's only gotten better from there.

The Ryoma P3 remains the most unique feeling putter I've ever rolled. It's the one that actually took me away from the Zen and my Golds Yamada. It was love at first stroke, and it's only gotten better from there.

did you change the shaft ?

is it as forgiving as their wood ?

I put the UST Frequency Filtered shaft in all my putters so I can get a true comparison (for me). And yes, the P3 is hugely forgiving like the woods. It's an odd feeling at first -- softest hit I've ever felt no matter where the ball is touched on the face, but the ball rolls out smoothly in a very quick rebound. Like I said, totally unique in my experience of everything from Scotty's to Yamadas to the Zen. Of course everything is very personal with putters, but I see you also like the feel of A-Grind clubs, so maybe we respond to some things in a similar way...

I had the Miura KM 006 and 007 - bought the Piretti CW2 and for me - I feel like its much more forgiving.. Not sure if it is but compared to both miuras I feel like it is! =)

This is almost embarassing to mention, but I game the Cleveland TFi 8.0 putter..The oversized Anser style with the copper face that is slightly longer than standard and counterbalanced. I tried it for laughs and it practically puts itself. It's the most forgiving soft feeling putter I have ever tried, and yes I have tried plenty of putters. It's also cheap as chips so I bought it just to see if it would work on real greens. And it does. I love the fact it's so uber forgiving but at the same time doesn't look like some space ship. EVERYBODY I know that tries it get a humbled absent look int heir eyes, glancing over at their Camerons or whatever expensive putter they have in theor bag.

Other putters I have, Bettinardi, Cameron, Maruman, Rife are all collecting dust. For forgiveness and ultra-stability in a not-weird looking package this is close to unbeatable. It now sits in the bag next to 302s or 551s, PRGR, Epon, S-Yard, Kasco etc like some ugly duckling.

I have this you can give a run. Nice and easy with Yamada buttery soft feel.
New grip today
34"

C Taper
Rare AWRB nickel finish

Slant neck is easy transition from flow neck to plumbers neck, same face balance...4 o'clock

Minty!

post-16237-0-65896200-1462846675_thumb.j

post-16237-0-06876300-1462846709_thumb.j

post-16237-0-50784800-1462846775_thumb.j

post-16237-0-83198100-1462846804_thumb.j

Edited by hutchy