Favorite training aid?

wedda

Hey lads,

What is your favourite training aid and what did it do for your game?

Wrist hinge - I bought the one you attach to the shaft which helps in your backswing, I use it every now and then and it helps!

Wrist clicker and elbow locker - bought these but do not really like them..

Putting mirror - great for the stance and get some other feedback (and to look at my cute face of course!)

Putting laser - attach it to the shaft and shows where you are aiming - this probably helped my putting the most, it made me realise what to do in order to have a more consistent stroke!

Ping app - great for feedback for your stroke - I just put two rubber bands on the grip and attach my iphone to the grip as well..

A bucket of balls...

Just for the sake to have something to hit :tsg_smiley_driver:

looking for a training aid that will increase swing speed but can also keep your swing on plane during the training. I had used the swhoosh for a little bit but when I tried hitting balls afterwards, my swing was off plane and took me weeks before I get everything back together again.

I should add that I had used these following training aids and listed reasons for abandoning them after

Tour Strike Pro 7i - with only the sweet spot exposed, I was forced to stop sweeping and hit down more. However it wrecked my driver swing as well as my swing for longer clubs where sweeping action is preferred.

Medicus Dual Hinge Driver - after a couple months of use, the hinges became very loose and would move even when i'm on plane.

SwingGyde - I could never attach the device consistently and would sometimes cup my wrists in order to get the training aid to sit properly on my forearm. That awkward feel never really translated to performance on the course

I should add that I had used these following training aids and listed reasons for abandoning them after

Tour Strike Pro 7i - with only the sweet spot exposed, I was forced to stop sweeping and hit down more. However it wrecked my driver swing as well as my swing for longer clubs where sweeping action is preferred.

Medicus Dual Hinge Driver - after a couple months of use, the hinges became very loose and would move even when i'm on plane.

SwingGyde - I could never attach the device consistently and would sometimes cup my wrists in order to get the training aid to sit properly on my forearm. That awkward feel never really translated to performance on the course

The Medicus I liked, regardless that the only one I had was on a 5 Iron. That thing taught me how a shaft is swung. It's a bit more than a Driving Range toy because if you conquer it and more, importantly, think about it, it shows you how there are many unnecessary movements and motions we make in a swing. The thing actually works better as the hinge becomes so much easier to move. It showed me the importance of smooth.

As a rule, I dislike training aids but I shall make a special exception for the Medicus.

Shambles

• 3 months later...

Power Chute  Increases club speed                              Currently building driver.

Edited by truxall
Whats in the bag :)

• 2 weeks later...

My club guy has a few interesting aids for us to try and laugh at each other at.  The one I like the best is a Whippy Tempomaster.  I think it is a 5 or 6 iron.  After a few practice swings and 3 to 5 balls then switching over to my irons, I am striking the ball with better consistency.  I do not play as much as I would like but every time I visit his shop and swing the Whip, I strike everything in the shop well.  It feels weird but it works for me.

• 1 month later...

I am surprised no one has mentioned the Orange Whip or copies of it. It's my favorite aid because it's both a TA and warm up tool. Trains to hold lag and release club while also building muscle and feel for smooth tempo. It's great to use for warm up any time especially cold mornings. I also like it because it isn't so technical which makes it more universal. 

Second favorite is flat balls. Again not very technical. Just trains to pick the ball clean. 

• 1 year later...