Honma's New Limited Edition Tanihara MB TW-BM

Honma-TW-BM-Irons.jpg

Honma TW-BM Limited Edition Irons - Introducing a new limited edition Honma muscle back iron coming June 17th to TourSpecGolf. Designed with specific input from JPGA Tour champion Hideo Tanihara for a more forgiving user-friendly blade design. While it looks very similar to the TW727 series muscle back's this one features a unique forged material process that Honma has labelled VPF or Variation Productive Force. This combination of a more user-friendly design and manufacturing also produces a softer more supple feel at impact.
The only shafts available will be the Vizard series I and IB models with the standard shaft being the IB-95 Stiff Flex. I have a lot of experience with these shafts as do many of TSG's Honma's customers, they improve feel at impact as they are made of carbon yet the IB models play stiff to flex even compared to steel shafts in the same weight. These shafts feature steel fibers in the tip section for improved accuracy via a stiffer tip section.
As you can see in the image below the new Honma TW-BM is slighter longer heel to toe and taller from bottom to top. The sole is also more narrow, and it does have a touch more offset. TSG will be announcing more info as it becomes available with in hand photos before release. These are limited edition and will go quickly, so we are adding these to the TSG ProShop as soon as possible.
Honma-TW-BM-Irons2.jpg

look sweet. wondering why they tag Muscle Back irons with BM ? I'd think MB might be a tad more accurate.

Would love to know more about VPF and whether they will be available head-only.

Would love to know more about VPF and whether they will be available head-only.

No head only ever for Honma.

i luv em but you gotta be silly to call em BM instead of MB which we all know stands for muscle back.

My first guess was "Big Mama" then I arrived at "Big Muscle"...I like both.