Rib grips!

It is built in the grip but you can turn any into ribbed with some strings, skills & patience :)

you are a source of so much info Eca....you da man!!!!! love ya work mate..

Haha.. tnx Al :) Did it for a mate. Surprised me too actually :)

Iomics has ribbed

Golf pride tour velvet ribbed a little less exxy

Any grip can be turned into a ribbed grip - some use strimmer, or wire - Golfcraft in Bangkok built ribs under my leather Bestgrips using very thin chopsticks split along their length. Also the thinnest zip/cable ties are good, and easier to apply straight than wires etc. (There are rules governing how big the rib can be).

Also - you can choose where you want the rib to be... 'standard' is on bottom, but mine are directly on top, so the rib sits in the 'V' between thumb and forefinger.

I like it, and have them on every club except putter (!).

ribbed grip, also called "reminder grip" has an extra spine down the length of the grip to help with alignment.

I personally don't use ribbed grips as it is difficult to put on perfectly straight, and if not done right will mess up the feel.

They work great if you have a normal grip, but limited retail choices are available. I wouldn't recommend them if you have an extra strong or weak grip. And I wouldn't put them on wedges, if you like to open up the club face at times.

I've played ribbed grips since 1983. I really can't hit a ball without them. Even like them on wedges as where the rib is kind of tells me how much open I have the club. Anyway, there are loads of options. I have ribbed Masda, ribbed No1, ribbed Iomics and ribbed Elites. The only geips I have that are not ribbed are the stiched Gripmaster leather grips. The stiching kind of does the trick anyway. Happy hunting!

Oh, be careful building grips with a rib as they may become illegal (too strong of a reminder) or the rib may get a bit angled to really mess with your mind ?

for those of u that use more than one wrap of tape...just bury a thin wire beneath the wrap and it will work as a reminder and be perfectly straight

I play Masda ribbed ones on all my clubs however this year I will try to play without on my wedges - but it also works for wedges of course! I really love it!