Project X...?? looking for some help...

gmoney

I'm contimplating installing a set of project x shaft's in a set of t/m 300's.

Using a flexmaster, most of the shafts came in at x stiff, with the 7&8 irons shafts off the chart stiff! 50+

I was looking for reg. to stiff, but these look like they would be boards.

Anybody out there have any like profiling a set of these shafts?

Rumor has it i need to buy 3-4 set's to get one matched set..

Any input would be appreciated.

I'm contimplating installing a set of project x shaft's in a set of t/m 300's.

Using a flexmaster, most of the shafts came in at x stiff, with the 7&8 irons shafts off the chart stiff! 50+

I was looking for reg. to stiff, but these look like they would be boards.

Anybody out there have any like profiling a set of these shafts?

Rumor has it i need to buy 3-4 set's to get one matched set..

Any input would be appreciated.

You just have to buy the flex that suits you. I play stiff in regular rifles and stiff in DG's. I use a 5.5 in Project X.

two years ago took out the DGS-300's and put PX 5.5's in- straight with no soft or hard steeping done. 5 iron is 190 carry for me normally.. it was a big change and for the better-- ball gets up quick but flattens out nice and goes. got more accuracy and better stopping power on the greens due to a steeper angel-- i think. they do play out a tad stiffer- and i really saw it in the 3,4irons.. but those are out of the bag anyway - put a sonartec t.r.c 22* in to take the place. only bought one set-- they are a little $$.. frequency's are very good with nice seperation between irons. sounds like the 5.5's should do the trick for your swing. normal 6.0's play out close to the px 5.5's.. hope this helps, ken

Gmoney, have you considered Diamond Rifle shafts, here is a little info from Royal Percision:

How is Project X Different from Diamond Rifle?

While Diamond Rifle and Project X produce very similar trajectories, they are achieved through very

different methods. There are distinct variances in the geometries and gram weights of the two shafts which

alter their dynamic performance. Project X is a heavier, constant weight shaft driven in design by the PGA

Tour. It is recommended for those players who load the shaft more aggressively, while Diamond Rifle is

designed more for optimum performance with standard to moderately aggressive load.

I have the 5.0 PX and like them a lot. Replaced TFR 5.0 and don't think they are too stiff at all. Just got back from a week in Florida and hit my irons very well. Definitely straighter, have a nice kick at impact, ball jumps up and travels on a nice flat trajectory. Mine don't seem to stop as fast as the TFRs, but it could be because the greens were very hard.

Jeff

Project X shafts are getting an undeserved(in my opinion) reputation for being too stiff. The shafts are tip stiff, which gives me tighter dispersion. The stiff tip gives the feel of "too stiff" when mis**t. For me, they flex close to standard rifles. I put PX 5.5s in my Zodias and wish I had installed 6.0s.

I think it is important to swingweight your irons in the D2-D4 for these shafts to shine.