MODART SUDA BLADES

Has it been 2 years since these have been in the works?

Pre order is going up soon in the proshop. Photos here, full write up in the blog.

Modart-Blade-Irons1.jpg

Modart-Blade-Irons7.jpg

Modart-Blade-Irons2.jpg

Modart-Blade-Irons3.jpg

Modart-Blade-Irons4.jpg

Modart-Blade-Irons5.jpg

Modart-Blade-Irons6.jpg

wow indeed.. not a fan of boxy toe but everything else is clean and sexy

I like the clean look

Why are the most beautiful clubs so difficult to hit. It's like the pain a woman, I understand, has to endure to walk in high heels.

I want them but know I would have a hard time hitting them I think.

Edited by Staxxx

Wow.. Some golf club, that

Wow.. Some golf club, that

Tempted?

I would dig some very big holes with these...like the PRGR proto shape better.....and the honma limited ones

Love the simplicity! +1 wish I can hit a blade...

Nice. Not $400 per head, nice. But nice.

thats much much cheaper than the Modart Cbs.....i think the AG 60s were $700 per and the CBC were about $625

I was going to say that at $400 a head I'd expect full CNC milling and absolutely precise weighting. I guess that costs $700 per head. Yikes!

I'm sure these are nice as with all the Modart stuff, but I'd want a blade designed for me (a la what Scratch used to offer, grinding by Don White no less) at that price. Nonetheless, I will heartily congratulate those who take the plunge.

I was going to say that at $400 a head I'd expect full CNC milling and absolutely precise weighting. I guess that costs $700 per head. Yikes!

I'm sure these are nice as with all the Modart stuff, but I'd want a blade designed for me (a la what Scratch used to offer, grinding by Don White no less) at that price. Nonetheless, I will heartily congratulate those who take the plunge.

My comments edited - Insert a huge foot in mouth!

Don White is the man I would hire and play his grinds any day.

Sorry for taking this thread to a negative place.

• 2 months later...

OMG!!!!  These are beautiful.  How do they perform?  It might be difficult to kick my Miura Small Blades out of the bag but, these caught my eye.  I love the blank canvas and simplicity along with the samurai point on the toe.

3 hours ago, glensmithis said:

OMG!!!!  These are beautiful.  How do they perform?  It might be difficult to kick my Miura Small Blades out of the bag but, these caught my eye.  I love the blank canvas and simplicity along with the samurai point on the toe.

It's been a while since hitting them and they were prototypes but they are soft,  not very forgiving,  extremely workable and up there with the best true compact handmade players blades.   The high price is because Suda-san value's and respects his own worth and that these are very rare.