Crazy TJ-46 vs. LY02 vs. AAA2015

zzoggie

hey guys,

i'm currently using a ryoma maxima type g w/ a TJ-46 6.7 flex, 1/2 inch tipped. i'm looking to upgrade and not sure whether to change the shaft or driver head or both. my ss is 95-100mph and distance avg 240-260yds....so i'm debating between getting a LY02 or AAA 2015.....any advice on the differences? much appreciated....

cool thks. what about aaa 2015 vs. beyond power?

cool thks. what about aaa 2015 vs. beyond power?

I can answer you this, I had a AAA 2013 2015 and currently with beyond power, 2013AAA on my maxima type G, was great, AAA 2015 60G stiff on my maxima type G ST and currently shafted with beyond power both giving me about the same distance including roll, AAA lower launch with much more roll, feel wise is very different, beyond power launch much higher but carry more distance, doesn't roll that much, easier to load and have a whippy feel and super kick both are great shaft, if u don't like the shaft too whippy, go for the AAA2015, feel wise actually I prefer AAA, over all both combo are great. Lot of people having problem to choose a right shaft for their ryoma driver, but I can say can't go wrong with this 2. Good luck mate.

awesome thks for the heads up!

so i didn't get the AAA 2015 but got the beyond power instead. my current setup is maxima type g , d4, 45.25, shaft is around 58g. i read that the beyond power shaft is 49g and stands at 45.5 so i got a few questions

- would it be advisable to cut the shaft?

- with such a light shaft, what would the swing weight be like? would i need to add lead tape or weights ? my current type g head is with a 12g weight

mmmm.... I remember my set up is somewhere around D1 and play at 46" on my Type G ST, I remember this shaft alone should be around 50G or below and it recommended for a long shaft setup, I dont recommend you to cut it down if u wanna sell it in the future.

ahh ok. so jst shaft it in and its ready to go ?

If you have no problem with long shafted setup, go ahead, i remember even when i shafted with the AAA, its also around 46"

Anyways if u find the shaft too long after, you can always trim it down from the butt. good luck buddy, I m sure you will like it.

I use my Beyond Power at 45.5" but to get to a reasonable CPM I use a Ryoma head in the 198 gms range. I have tried it with a lighter head (Kamui at 194 gms) and it is very light, possibly C6 and doesn't work as well in my opinion. I would recommend something between 198 - 202 gms.

With my D1 Vspec it is quite a bomber, however, as Steven says high launch and not much run out on it.

can't recall the weight of my head, could be in the region of 192g...thks for the advice, will need to do some trial & error. hopefully its longer than my tj46 :)

Get one of the Ryoma weight kits, keep the shaft long off the start this will give you some options with tipping the shaft and dialing in the head weight & swing weight.

tq tq