Epon AF-205 & Tour Wedge

But aren't JDM heads also lighter bc they're played with 45.5-46"+ stock lengths? Usdm is 45-45.5" stock length so I imagine they use a heavier head (or weights) to start. Hotmelt changes sound too which I don't particularly like.

Hot melt does change sound for sure, especially the more you add. length depends on the driver model and brand most better players clubs are still sub 46" in Japan.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot melt does change sound for sure, especially the more you add. length depends on the driver model and brand most better players clubs are still sub 46" in Japan.

I have even noticed that in Japan, drivers made for better players quite often come stock at 44.75 and almost never more than 45.

Edited by Vegaman

Jordan should bag a 205 !

I'm pretty sure spieth can hit a 3W 280 consistently. I hit my 16.5* off the tee easily 260-265 consistently and I'm no pro. I haven't put this on a trackman so i don't really know how far it could go. Yes in my club, I hit 4 wood just as far as most folk's driver. Haven't you seen the commercial? "These guys are good."

There are plenty of tour players that aren't that bombers, doesn't mean they aren't "good". I just never considered Spieth to be a long hitter on tour.

There are plenty of tour players that aren't that bombers, doesn't mean they aren't "good". I just never considered Spieth to be a long hitter on tour.

Mate, Jordan spieth is one of those decivingly looking player but he is long. He doesn't look like he can hit a bomber but he does. I watched him play live before and his 3 wood can definitely go around 280 yards. He also have no trouble keeping up with big hitters.

I just watched Jordan and Rory hit 3w off tee on TV at Memorial. Jordan ball speed 171mph and carry 292 yards. Rory ball speed 181mph and carry 302 yards. Rory's ball flight was way higher than Jordan's.

Didn't want to bring this up but just wanna show some proof that Jordan can hit 3 wood 280yards without swinging his shoes off. Trackman don't lie. 

image.png

image.png

Edited by jimmieboi

Getting a bit old but ok. That's obviously downhill, just looking at the photo. On the courses set up for tour play and with fairways running at 12 or something on the stimp, yeah sure. Plus slopes, rolling fairways, yeah anything can happen. So actually, yes Trackman can lie quite a lot depending on circumstances.

Dude, Thai lpg pro, Ariya can hit her 3 wood 280 yards not down hill. This Jordan shot 280 yards carry and his ball speed was 165 mph. Live in Thailand? Go check out Ariya practice at Photalai driving range. 

9 hours ago, jimmieboi said:

Dude, Thai lpg pro, Ariya can hit her 3 wood 280 yards not down hill. This Jordan shot 280 yards carry and his ball speed was 165 mph. Live in Thailand? Go check out Ariya practice at Photalai driving range. 

Aria Jutanugarn? I'm a big fan.

Yes. She uses CNX fitting studio at Pothalai Sports club. I see she practices hitting balls like a male golfer. 

BTW, Trackman numbers don't lie. It's a Doppler type not photometric. It either won't pick up shots at all or give out an accurate data. 

Edited by jimmieboi

10 minutes ago, jimmieboi said:

Yes. She uses CNX filling studio at Pothalai Sports club. I see she practices hitting balls like a male golfer. 

BTW, Trackman numbers don't lie. It's a Doppler type not photometric. It either won't pick up shots at all or give out an accurate data. 

thanks jimmieboi very informative posts!

C, is Epon still making any wedges in copper?

3 minutes ago, D22marshall said:

Any of the new models getting copper?

just silver. although they experimented with a new finish which won't make it into production.

1dd878741c05921e9d5ce68a1e531994-600x450.jpg

19 minutes ago, Spoon said:

just silver. although they experimented with a new finish which won't make it into production.

Shame no copper or black this time.

Every other one yes, the ones you would think would be best suited and sellers no? I dont get it!

• 2 weeks later...

Epon biz model is not doing it any favour.

But the brand here is very popular among golfers

On June 7, 2016 at 3:24 AM, Spoon said:

You said August release right?  Can you put me in touch with a good dealer considering TSG doesn't carry?  I like my 210's but they are huge, especially if I'm gaming P2 instead of 302.