Epon AF-205 & Tour Wedge

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tour Wedges are pretty similar to P2 wedges no?

Thanks for sharing Chris. What about a bit more on the new shop with the old Endo crew?

I can share more next march sir. We are working closely with them now.

Demo the Af-205 today. Initial impression is very good. Very classic head profile. Unlike other JDM FW, this 205 lie angle isn't too upright and has a square face angle. Made from premium forged titanium so you'll get softer feel than a steel head. Performance is like AF105. Very forgiving and long. Stock shaft, fujikura speeder Evo II, is very stable and works well with this head. AF205 still retain the signature soft feel from Epon. Who need a driver when it can go 280-290yards off the deck. Another premium FW JDM has to offer. I'll get mine on 17th so an in depth review is coming soon.

post-15212-0-40042100-1464419345_thumb.j

post-15212-0-25776000-1464419514_thumb.j

Wow they look amazing.

Was expecting shallow and wide with the Kai colours in matte black with gold and IP

Maybe next time

Same here mate. Expecting it to be shallow. Gg, club is not for me :(

It's for all type of golfers. Very forgiving. Deep face is not a problem at all. I hit balls off the deck and it launches with a mid trajectory. Post-Kobayashi Epon is getting better and better. I wonder who is the lead designer.

The demo is built at D2 swing weight with a 65g shaft.

How does it compare to Ryoma F3?

Care to share your views?

It's all in the eye of the holder. If that shape and size suits then you have found the perfect fit.

This size and shape is not for my eye.

I have Ryoma FW. It's too bulky and huge and too upright. I think they try to make it more upright for draw bias, for a better player is a disaster. Cannot get a perfect contact on a too upright head. This AF205 is just perfect. Head is similar to S-yard XV FW. It may seem deep but I think it's perfect. Not too deep to hit off the deck. 296 yards of the deck is unreal of for me. The longest FW I hit is Taylormade M1 but af205 is much further. Not many FW are made of forged titanium especially this compact size. Can't say much. I have to game it on course.

With all respect man...they are all good these days. From the IFF to the CRZ and many more. I look for something a bit different these days.

Game the zodia 801 atm and that's a ripper ;)

Considering you hit your 3 wood 296 off the deck you are in the less than 0.5% minority of golfers. Your a beast!

We have to consider that most golfers dont hit a 3 wood 200 yards or even hit a 15* to its actual loft due to bad contact and should be playing a 5 wood in place of the 3. You sir are the exception.

This fairway wood is built like a mini driver which is awesome but the S-Yard XV is not made by Endo and is very different in shape, design, construction and material, made by OTA.

AF-205 they took the old mold, straightend the face and lowered the rear and adjusted the specs which must have made the difference for you.

I can tell you that Epon or not due to the face depth and shape many of our customers would struggle getting it up consistently with clean contact compared against something like a Maruman Shuttle or many others. If you can hit this design 296 you should be able to hit many woods even longer because there is no technology that I see it has that makes it superior especially against the Ryoma. I think you just found the perfect head for your characteristics combined with this shaft.

Your right that upright lies make clubs easier to hit but this is for most players and many on tour, its not a better or worse player thing its a swing / body type thing. Hosel reeming may help if you require flatter lies in the future.

They are huge numbers.

Finding the right balance has been a mission for me with loft, spin, forgiveness and importantly shaft.

Both in driver and FW. Distance is always fairly similar no matter what but accuracy, flight and balls tricking (consistency) differ dramatically depending on the combo. For now the 103 fits my game with the driver. The zodia style FW works well making me think the Modart FW would be a good choice for me. The new Modart driver also looks like it would suit my eye, right shaft and setup in this head I think will be key.

Edited by hutchy

It's for all type of golfers. Very forgiving. Deep face is not a problem at all. I hit balls off the deck and it launches with a mid trajectory. Post-Kobayashi Epon is getting better and better. I wonder who is the lead designer.

The demo is built at D2 swing weight with a 65g shaft.

Man you bomb it! Wasn't the demo shaft soft for you? thanks

For the pics. First I've seen of the 205