PROTOTYPE 7D Putter Shaft in Mpbachman's New Flat Stick!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lajosi, mannkrafted, machine, Byron Morgan, Lumpy (xenon) all MAKE custom ordered putters from a block of SS. From what I'm hearing Golds MODIFIES pre existing head but doesn't mill anything from a raw ractangular block? If he does I'd be curious to see pics or video in action.

Dinan doesn't MAKE cars. They modify/upgrade BMWs.

This is the best analogy imho. Dinan, AMG, brabus etc are all tuners and take existing cars and modify/tune the hell out of them.

that service alone and the end result is what people are paying for.

This is the best analogy imho. Dinan, AMG, brabus etc are all tuners and take existing cars and modify/tune the hell out of them.

it's all semantics in the end, and I'd agree initially about the modification aspect of existing putters as their main business. but even the advertised text for that golds putter currently for sale on TSG specifically says "made by Gold's" so my assertion is that there is no need to get so nit picky about things and make it a point to correct people when in fact we all really MEAN the same thing....Golds MAKES/MODIFIES/CREATES/etc awesome putters that are better than any Scotty you can buy, no matter how much it "costs" or is "worth" Edited by needmoregolf

it's all semantics in the end, and I'd agree initially about the modification aspect of existing putters as their main business. but even the advertised text for that golds putter for sale on TSG specifically says "made by Gold's" so my assertion is that there is no need to get so nit picky about things and make it a point to correct people when in fact we all really MEAN the same thing....Golds MAKES/MODIFIES/CREATES/etc awesome putters that are better than any Scotty you can buy, no matter how much it "costs" or is "worth"

Tru dat man :-) I'm utterly happy with my Private Stock #2 (still want to know who made the blank) and I will likely love the GF001A I picked up from Romaro-sl*t. Are both heads made by Kitada and tuned by the Master?

Edited by bngolfer

They may not be made by golds from scratch but they certainly MAKE them special.

Hang on...did I say make?

Just n artist would my be description.

Edited by hutchy

I Just what I thought, the mods there can cost more than the donor vehicle. Edited by Vegaman

Gold's blanks are not made by Kitada and have not been for a while.

These blanks are just an option offered to customers to start from a completely blank canvas. Sasaya doesn't care what anyone thinks about him making blanks or not, he modifies putters. He never milled them from a block himself.

The whole "made by" thing, well that's a can of worms. there are products stamped 100% made in USA that have materials from China. There are products that don't say made in Japan that are 100% made/materials in Japan. There are products are made in China that have a process completed in Japan that say made in Japan, every brand slants it a different way.

Robbie... made you an avatar :)

Screen-Shot-2016-05-27-at-6.45.55-AM.jpg

CNC means just Computer Numerical Control and nothing else...

Any other milling is just manual milling in a manual machine.

Edited by Leffe

CNC means just Computer Numerical Control and nothing else...

Any other milling is just manual milling in a manual machine.

thats correct, manual milling, hand milling.

Gold's blanks are not made by Kitada and have not been for a while.

These blanks are just an option offered to customers to start from a completely blank canvas. Sasaya doesn't care what anyone thinks about him making blanks or not, he modifies putters. He never milled them from a block himself.

The whole "made by" thing, well that's a can of worms. there are products stamped 100% made in USA that have materials from China. There are products that don't say made in Japan that are 100% made/materials in Japan. There are products are made in China that have a process completed in Japan that say made in Japan, every brand slants it a different way.

Robbie... made you an avatar :)

Screen-Shot-2016-05-27-at-6.45.55-AM.jpg

Haha - love that avatar - will you sport it Robbie? :-D

Well I'm not sure how that can be since Kitada made it !!!!

Its not a Golds custom...its a Kitada modified by Golds, therefore a Kitada custom

If you already thought Kitada made his blank heads why are you surprised?

With this logic, based on who makes the club the brand should be named after the factory?

Recent Yamadas are not made by Yamada, past ones not fully. So where do we draw the line?

we dont...

Well I'm not sure who made it, but i have to admit without a doubt that this is the best i have ever rolled a putter.....not sure who is responsible for the magic but it works well for me !!!

Entertaining thread and I think everyone seems to be saying the same thing. Do we know which company makes the Gold's blanks (especially the GF00A head?)

Yes but Im not allowed to say.

Yes but Im not allowed to say.

Why the veil of secrecy? as passionate consumers, I'm sure we would all like to take pride in knowing where these heads that serve as the base of our dream putters come from, esp since we always hear so much about the artisans that craft them into the final product.

Edited by needmoregolf

Why the veil of secrecy? as passionate consumers, I'm sure we would all like to take pride in knowing where these heads that serve as the base of our dream putters come from, esp since we always hear so much about the artisans that craft them into the final product.

I've asked the meister he says not for the public knowledge.

Tru dat man :-) I'm utterly happy with my Private Stock #2 (still want to know who made the blank) and I will likely love the GF001A I picked up from Romaro-sl*t. Are both heads made by Kitada and tuned by the Master?

For a long time Kitada made the GF blanks, but in recent years Kitada has reduced his workload and only serves 4-5 brands today. Gold's switched to another factory using the same designs.

The newport 2 style was a Kitada creation, the GF00A is Sasaya's own design.

I'd love to out the manufacture as they are solid and make other fine brands putters but Sasaya is a close friend of mine and would prefer I not so I respect that.

So, without telling us you could give us a couple of hints such as:

Do they make blanks for others? Y/N

Do they sell putters under their own name? Y/N

What city are they made in?

See, all this would have a good number of comments and loads of speculation = fun! No harm in it. You could even hide some clues in new posts about Seven wedges and such ?

My only regret was selling my Golds I had made for me!

So, without telling us you could give us a couple of hints such as:

Do they make blanks for others? Y/N

Do they sell putters under their own name? Y/N

What city are they made in?

See, all this would have a good number of comments and loads of speculation = fun! No harm in it. You could even hide some clues in new posts about Seven wedges and such

They do not sell putters under their own name.

You guys would not recognize the name.

They do make putters for other Japanese brands

That's all I will say...zip.

Thanks. I certainly have no clue but I kind of like this new touch of added mystique. I hope I can roll my new GF00A even better than I do my PS#2.