PROTOTYPE 7D Putter Shaft in Mpbachman's New Flat Stick!

It's taken me a long time and a lot of clubs to come to the realization that Light is better for me, so I understand.

Out of curiosity though, Stew, although I've rolled a lot of putters, I've never held in hand a $5k Scotty... <g> Can you tell me, is there something discernible in the feel that makes you say, "Yeah, it's $5k, but it's worth it."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R, I've held and putted one pricier than that and there is absolutely nothing that it has that makes it worth that type of coin. it's purely the branding and perceived limited production value that drives those prices.

anything that comes out of golds is probably more fine tuned and optimized for putting than any Scotty, except for maybe some stuff Scotty does himself for the worlds top pro's, and even then I'd say it's debatable. if he uses his own hands to grind and stamp something, people will pay asinine amounts for it. put a custom golds in spieth's hands and I bet he putts as good if not better with it ;)

just my $0.02

R, I've held and putted one pricier than that and there is absolutely nothing that it has that makes it worth that type of coin. it's purely the branding and perceived limited production value that drives those prices.

anything that comes out of golds is probably more fine tuned and optimized for putting than any Scotty, except for maybe some stuff Scotty does himself for the worlds top pro's, and even then I'd say it's debatable. if he uses his own hands to grind and stamp something, people will pay asinine amounts for it. put a custom golds in spieth's hands and I bet he putts as good if not better with it ;)

just my $0.02

Gold's factory is nice. I owned gold's putter. But it's so wrong to say Jordan will putt the same if not better. Just take tiger for example, he was never the same after he ditched that Scotty.

top tour players are obviously given different treatment. So it's definitely better for us to get gold. But if you are Jordan spieth, you rather have Scotty > gold's.

Gold's factory is nice. I owned gold's putter. But it's so wrong to say Jordan will putt the same if not better. Just take tiger for example, he was never the same after he ditched that Scotty.

top tour players are obviously given different treatment. So it's definitely better for us to get gold. But if you are Jordan spieth, you rather have Scotty > gold's.

Tiger ditched his Scotty for Nike, and that is no Golds, not even close. the Nike switch seems to kill everyone's putting game, look at mcilroy lol

1) Golds doesnt make putters

2) Tiger switching to a Nike had nothing to do with his ability to sink putts.

Any company can take Tiger or Spieths putter 3-D scan it an make an exact duplicate down to the mm or less.

1) apologize for my ignorance,but wath Gold's do exactly,modification of existing head?

2) Tiger's or Rory's nike putter are nothing to compare with one from the local retailer i think,no?

1) apologize for my ignorance,but wath Gold's do exactly,modification of existing head?

2) Tiger's or Rory's nike putter are nothing to compare with one from the local retailer i think,no?

Golds does modifications with an extremely high level of attention to detail using hand controlled CNC not computer controlled.

Ok,thank you Chris.

Ok,thank you Chris.

They have 2 types of base heads you can choose from or send other brands putter in for modifying, I work with you to help design and make suggestions.

Thank you,but i just buy the Seven X Gold's #4 and i'm in honeymoon with it ;) !!!

Didn't golds have putter blanks before that they used to make a custom series of putters -- the whole MAC line?? Perhaps this would be better defined as "creating," but calling out the difference between "make" and "create" in this instance is being ostentatiously pedantic. Furthermore, by that definition, there wouldn't be many putter "makers" out there. I'm sure everyone knew that my intent was to say a Golds "creation" is a putter "created" with great skill and care for optimal putting.

Duly noted that golds does not "make" putters...

Edited by needmoregolf

I couldn't agree more with your points, D; several manufacturers put out quality at least on par with Scotty. He was perhaps ahead of the market, I'll give him that, but those prices don't make much sense to me. Then again, I'm also not the buyer for a putter shaft that costs what these probably do.

Chris, isn't CNC (computer numerical control) by definition computerized? I guess you're saying that Gold's uses a hand mill, which is what I'd expect. Using CNC would mean he'd have to scan the putter he's modifying and then create the changes in a CAD file before loading back into a CNC mill.

Golds doesn't make putters ???

Learn something new everyday !!!!!

*Bachman !!!! u got some explaining to do mister !

Who makes the GF00A head? For example, the one in the proshop at 1500. Seems to be "the blank" with weights in sole and bumpers. It would be interesting to know who makes the head for sure.

Edited by bngolfer

Thread will be deleted in 3...2...1....

Didn't golds have putter blanks before that they used to make a custom series of putters -- the whole MAC line?? Perhaps this would be better defined as "creating," but calling out the difference between "make" and "create" in this instance is being ostentatiously pedantic. Furthermore, by that definition, there wouldn't be many putter "makers" out there. I'm sure everyone knew that my intent was to say a Golds "creation" is a putter "created" with great skill and care for optimal putting.

Duly noted that golds does not "make" putters...

I actually find this comical (read the text from this screenshot of an actual TSG pro shop listing for a Gold's putter: "made by Gold's"....)

Don't Tread on Me...wow, so appropriate!!

post-16640-0-32382700-1464302330_thumb.p

So the $1 mil question is....

Does Gold's "make" putters or not??

Edited by needmoregolf

Lajosi, mannkrafted, machine, Byron Morgan, Lumpy (xenon) all MAKE custom ordered putters from a block of SS. From what I'm hearing Golds MODIFIES pre existing head but doesn't mill anything from a raw ractangular block? If he does I'd be curious to see pics or video in action.

Dinan doesn't MAKE cars. They modify/upgrade BMWs.

Edited by 1dirtypanda

the scotty was nice to see , obviously, its a pretty exxy piece and I was pretty chuffed to be putting with it ,

but really................. really theres absolutely no way on earth cud I tell a difference between that and anything else.

I mean it looked good ,obviously , and felft good , but for 5k or what ever t hey cost..,

. well I cant possibly say if its worth it. that's an individual decision.............

I guess it cud be bec if u bought one ud get close to yr money back. on it ,

if u buy a betti u loose 50% the second it walks out the door!

personally I like bettis feel better, I putt way better with them and they have a distinctive feel.

ive got a golds GSS and I rarely use it bec its my top flatty. weird huh?

Less than half of that for a the golds gss after I modified it. suits me just fine.

but 5k for a scotty gss as an investment on cash... ahhhh tough ask.

I dunno maybe your better going with the scotty but then again only if u have plenty of mulla ,

personally the GSS golds is top end enough for me.

until seeing Michaels ones of late , I think I might l al my putters and get Sasaya to do me a beauty like on of his .

infact . that's exactly what im gonna do now. . this is simply too stunning not to be apart of.

Edited by supo67

So basically Golds buys a blank putter head from somewhere and drills a few holes and adds some colored rhinestone weights and charges a few thousand for his service.....i mean his head covers are already horrible but this certainly pisses me off to no end.......I should have stuck with Yamada !

Thanks, you guys. Personally I agree that most Scotty's I've rolled were more about collector value, ie, so and so once putted witth this putter... Basically stuff I'm not interested in. The nicest Scotty thting I have is a head cover rack I hung on my office wall. When I felt my first Yamada, I sold all my Scotty's. But I admit I've never rolled a $5k putter. What Golds did to my copper Yamada "made" the best feeling putter I've ever felt even better, which kind of blew my mind.

But personally, I think Bachman now owns the finest putter I've ever seen.

So basically Golds buys a blank putter head from somewhere and drills a few holes and adds some colored rhinestone weights and charges a few thousand for his service.....i mean his head covers are already horrible but this certainly pisses me off to no end.......I should have stuck with Yamada !

what if golds "made" it Robbie?? would you still be pissed??

ive got like 10 golds mod putters and hey simply come back looking like nothing else out there , even the simplest mods come back looking better than brand new.

these are custoned as close to prefct for my request as it can come, that's why I pay up for them, his customs blow the living daylights out of all the other guys ive used.

and im not saying the others are bad, hell no al lthoe ones ive ahd a good

BUT

but golds is staggeringly awesome, there really is no comparison .

Craig was telling me when he went to golds to get some ofd his puuters done they rebalanced a brand new epon zen bec it wasn't correctly balanced at epon, by 1 mm .

who else on the planet does this

no one

ive got like 10 golds mod putters and hey simply come back looking like nothing else out there , even the simplest mods come back looking better than brand new.

these are custoned as close to prefct for my request as it can come, that's why I pay up for them, his customs blow the living daylights out of all the other guys ive used.

and im not saying the others are bad, hell no al lthoe ones ive ahd a good

BUT

but golds is staggeringly awesome, there really is no comparison .

Craig was telling me when he went to golds to get some ofd his puuters done they rebalanced a brand new epon zen bec it wasn't correctly balanced at epon, by 1 mm .

who else on the planet does this

no one

I thought i was buying Ferrari but instead i have a highly tuned Mugen Honda Civic..... : (

* but man it rolls the ball so nicely !!!!

** I'm gonna kick your butt D for killing my dream my beloved putter.....this is like the "Crying Game"

For Sale :

post-1360-0-49549000-1464314526_thumb.jp

Edited by robbie

I love my golds custom...it's not my fault, I was praising golds originally over spending ridiculous coin on a Scotty but a point had to be made by someone over semantics, which was unnecessary IMHO and now the thread has detracted from bachman's glorious putter....oh, and the ugly truth is out haha

what if golds "made" it Robbie?? would you still be pissed??

Well I'm not sure how that can be since Kitada made it !!!!

Its not a Golds custom...its a Kitada modified by Golds, therefore a Kitada custom

Edited by robbie