XXIO

Henry

Just went to my local golf shop that has started selling these clubs. I know XXIO has been trying to make a mark in the US market. Is there any difference between XXIO Japan and XXIO USA? Beautiful looking irons. Got to demo the XXIO 9 series and very easy to hit. Very underrated company in the USA but irons are expensive.

I would be confident there is no difference having played lots of their clubs bought from both countries in the past couple of years. And I read this week the following article ++++

What do you get when you realign your business model, introduce some hot, new, critically acclaimed products and then proceed to go backwards in sales?

You get a new CEO, that’s what.

2015 was not a great year for Srixon/Cleveland golf in the U.S., as sales dropped 0.9% from 2014. That may not sound like a lot, but Dunlop Sports Co. LTD (a subsidiary of Japan's Sumitomo Rubber Industries - the SRI in Srixon - and the parent company of Srixon, Cleveland and XXIO) says in its annual report the overall golf market in North America actually grew last year.

So not only did Cleveland/Srixon not get its share of that growth, it actually lost ground. That’s kind of hard to do, especially after hitting the streets with a full line of new and universally praised irons, woods and balls.

Apparently the Journey to Better took a detour.

Enter Matt Yasumoto, the new president and CEO of Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO – USA. His assignment seems straightforward: reestablish, reinvigorate and revitalize the Srixon and Cleveland brands in North America, while maintaining growth in the premium XXIO line.

Just went to my local golf shop that has started selling these clubs. I know XXIO has been trying to make a mark in the US market. Is there any difference between XXIO Japan and XXIO USA? Beautiful looking irons. Got to demo the XXIO 9 series and very easy to hit. Very underrated company in the USA but irons are expensive.

Same prodcut as Japan.

XXIO makes very good performing clubs for the slower swinger or high handicap player. For years they were considered the benchmark that their competitors aspired to beat.

I would be confident there is no difference having played lots of their clubs bought from both countries in the past couple of years. And I read this week the following article ++++

What do you get when you realign your business model, introduce some hot, new, critically acclaimed products and then proceed to go backwards in sales?

You get a new CEO, that’s what.

2015 was not a great year for Srixon/Cleveland golf in the U.S., as sales dropped 0.9% from 2014. That may not sound like a lot, but Dunlop Sports Co. LTD (a subsidiary of Japan's Sumitomo Rubber Industries - the SRI in Srixon - and the parent company of Srixon, Cleveland and XXIO) says in its annual report the overall golf market in North America actually grew last year.

So not only did Cleveland/Srixon not get its share of that growth, it actually lost ground. That’s kind of hard to do, especially after hitting the streets with a full line of new and universally praised irons, woods and balls.

Apparently the Journey to Better took a detour.

Enter Matt Yasumoto, the new president and CEO of Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO – USA. His assignment seems straightforward: reestablish, reinvigorate and revitalize the Srixon and Cleveland brands in North America, while maintaining growth in the premium XXIO line.

Very good report. I'm impressed.

Shambles

Any other reviews on the XXIO 9 irons? I'm an 18 and I just picked up a set of TM M2's, which are great for distance but feel a bit muted. I'm thinking of switching to the XXIO irons.

I hit my buddy's XXIO driver and it was supremely forgiving and long so it will be knocking my TM M2 driver out of the bag.

A local golf shop just had its demo days and XXIO was present. I tried the forged irons. What a sweet looking iron. Was surprised its not as chunky as the pictures show, slightly more offset then my VG3 irons and larger head. Certainly would recommend them. It seemed like whoever tried these clubs absolutely loved them. Local rep was semi knowledgeable as he knew they were forged by Endo ( I assume they are) but could not give me any information on custom lie, loft and shaft options including length. Can anyone shed light on these options offered by XXIO? 

Edited by Henry