Sonartec - Why no info at all?

pureblade

I just demo'd a Sonartec driver today and got some impressive (for me) figures. The forged cup face felt really soft and springy too. No, these aren't the old ones with the u-shape on the sole. This is the "new" Sonartec, and their website is here:

http://www.sonartec-s.com

I know they have an English version, but the drivers only appear on the Japanese site. Apart from the CBs, I think they have some pretty nice looking clubs.

Anyone here have any experience with these?

I currently use a SS502 hybrid from their recent releases.

It is a good hybrid reliable and great feeling hybrid.

I believe it's a sister company to Royal Collection so their stuff can't be bad.

It's always been regarded as budget version of RC.

Most of their heads are produced either in Taiwan or China. ( which I am fine with in most cases )

For some reason Sonartec isn't being run out of Japan like Royal Collection is. They have reached out many times to TSG but we decline letting them know their Japan office needs to get in touch.

Also I know too much about RC, enough so thatout of principal I will always support Ako-san of A-Grind.

Thanks for the responses guys!

Yes, the SS502 is another club I'm considering. I like the clean lines.

Good to know its a "political" reason behind why they're not here, and not because they're crap. Haha...

I'm intrigued by A-Grind now. Better go have a look-see... 

The full A-Grind line is top notch. I'm playing many of Ako-san's new designs, including the original blades which Chris finished in TSGworks smoked copper for me, and find them remarkably perfect for my game. I also play the hybrids, wedges, and now the woods. I'll have a review of the DST fairway wood up soon, but bottom line is it's awesome, has knocked the S-Yard XV out of my bag.