Onoff iron trial

octo87

Hi guys,

For the past weeks, I've been trying to build my bag.

Currently, I'm comparing the two onoff forged irons with the same exact shaft spec.

Both are nice but I felt that the older version seems to have more "solid" feel.  Now, I'm debating which one i should bag. 

I'm curious if someone other also found the same stuffs as I did.

looking forward for your comments.

cheers,

O

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by octo87

A really good topic.

I also have 2011 and 2015 forged irons.

Very curious why you also don't have 2013 version.

I play mine with OnOff ST-90 shaft in S-flex.

To me, 2011 is somehow softer than 2015 although they are made of the same steel.

Same distance but 2015 is slightly more forgiving.

Its easier to play the 2015 short irons than 2011, although they both are easy enough to play. This might have something to do with the narrower sole in 2015.

2011 forged set is my first JDM club and it opened my eyes after playing Titleist for 6 years prior.

Both sets are still in my rotation, depending on my mood, however I play 2015 a lot more often since its release because it's more forgiving and newer, ha ha ha.

Since you bring up the issue, I am going to play my 2011 a bit more often now.

My preference, 2011 forged, for its softer feel.

Definitely get the 2013 if you can, as I think they're the better looking of the 3, not including the CB358 of course......

Well I just tried my new 2015 On Offs against a set of Miura CB-57 that I also just received at the same time. The Miuras were lovely when struck cleanly but that happened a lot less often than the On Offs. The latter were really eye opening to me how easy they were to hit without being too ugly (the Miura's definitely win the beauty contest though, especially at address).

I guess I'm going to have to write the Miura's off as a (really expensive!) mistake as for all their looks it's hard to beat something that just works better for me. 

If anyone is interested in a set of Miura CB-57s with steelfiber shafts I can put them up in the USD section of the BST. Used once on a range!