AAA 103

Hutch

Just built my custom spec 103 with 15 AAA

Cant wait to use this weapon. I think the feel and performance should be very special. Cut down to 45" with 202g Control and SW should be good for me. 

Will be the first time I game a 45" driver.

Any of you fellas can give advice on the advantages of a shorter driver?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by hutchy

It's likely your average distance will increase due to more consistent striking closer to the middle of the face. 

Let us know your results!!

Cheers NK

Thats the comments I am looking for. Need the G up so I know before I use it I am doing the right thing. Just improving all the time with the shorter irons I started using a couple months back.

As you say my ball tricking is getting better with those so hopefully will be the same translation in the driver. Feels good when you take the next step to improvement.

Yep. This is another new one.

last was 196g to play at 45.5

this one was ordered @ 202g for 45"

or even 44.5 if I like the shorter performance.

I think 45" is long. Average length on tour is 44,3" and I use a 44,5". Any longer does not add distance, only visits in the woods..

One step at a time fellas :)

I will see how it goes tomorrow, just a practice round but am sure as you say the accuracy will be more consistent.

Was thinking 42.5 on the 3w next.

15 AAA is a great spin reducing,  straight shooting and consistent results producing shaft.  + 103 just nut it center and you should be a happy camper.

Hutchy I expect it to be a soft feeling fairway finder. Be t it looks great at address.

I built a Kamui Works with a Whiteboard 73x at 43". THE most accurate driver but lost about 30yrds, so I sold it. Bonkers.

Today will be the true test in Wed comp. 

Played a few holes on Sunday but was blowing its backside out so pulled the pin, couldn't tell but the flight was definitely more direct with less spin on the 4 drives hit.

Not sure if I would ever be game to go with 43 Ian, that must have been some sort of combo.

I agree Chris the AAA is a great shaft and the feel is pretty handy with this combo.

Next combo is the YZ 7 incoming with the basileus B, hoping this is matte black and red monster.

If these both work as well as I hope/think I may be set for a month or 2 ;)

Edited by hutchy

6 hours ago, hutchy said:

Today will be the true test in Wed comp. 

Played a few holes on Sunday but was blowing its backside out so pulled the pin, couldn't tell but the flight was definitely more direct with less spin on the 4 drives hit.

Not sure if I would ever be game to go with 43 Ian, that must have been some sort of combo.

I agree Chris the AAA is a great shaft and the feel is pretty handy with this combo.

Next combo is the YZ 7 incoming with the basileus B, hoping this is matte black and red monster.

If these both work as well as I hope/think I may be set for a month or 2 ;)

Ha cool, what loft you ordered for the ZY-7? I ordered the 11 degree which Chris recommended to get a 0.5/1 degree higher loft than my current gammer and gonna pair with the AAA2016, It better be good man. :) 

• 4 weeks later...