Anyone try MOI matching? Thoughts vs Swingweight

Mjr. D

Looking at buying on of those $500 MOI units from goldsmith, just not totally sure what I might be getting myself into (if it's worth it).  Let me know if you guys have any experience or thoughts, advice, etc.

About to try with those shafts  picked up from ya  and I'll let u know how it turns out. Probably in the next month. it does seem quite a bit of work to figure out rather than just measure cut glue and u have to find the "favorite longest club" in the 6-7-8 irons. I can't really tell between a few sw points. If you're really sensitive then I'll bet moi helps a lot btw long and short irons. I mean one sec I'll hit a great shot and be like that was the best ever and the next i hit it sideways. I'm a tinkerer and work in engineering so I don't mind trying it out. 

11 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

Looking at buying on of those $500 MOI units from goldsmith, just not totally sure what I might be getting myself into (if it's worth it).  Let me know if you guys have any experience or thoughts, advice, etc.

I tossed my auditor,  MOI matching has done nothing for me.  Maybe it works for others but for me nothing beats the old school of proper lie/length/swing weight/grip size/loft gaps/proper shaft/head - that's all hard enough to figure out on it's own before tossing another wrench in there.

15 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

I tossed my auditor,  MOI matching has done nothing for me.  Maybe it works for others but for me nothing beats the old school of proper lie/length/swing weight/grip size/loft gaps/proper shaft/head - that's all hard enough to figure out on it's own before tossing another wrench in there.

That's only bc  u go thru so much gear. Moi 'ing and then changing equipment isn't going to work. Not worth the effort. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a set of tourstage iron heads and a set of shimada tour lites.. I made 52 58 and pw the same lenght then increments of 1 cm (3/8).. It was rather hard to get a the SW up so I had to use tipweights on some irons whereas others I had to put tape under the grip... So maybe my MOI is a bit messed up but I love having the 3 iron like a 5 iron.. I like the feeling of it overall.. It's totally worth trying however, you can do it yourself and try before purchasing the Moi-matching machine.. just my 5 cents