Miura Giken's New HAYATE Driver

another very interesting golf club.  If it hits it long and straight and feels great it can join my stable.

Whoa!

I like the look, very cool

Looks cool but with the honeycomb design you will need some extra time to clean this club after every round :P

Agree it looks cool, but also with Steven re: keeping dirt out of all those little honeycombs. Also hard to believe they wouldn't be a drag aerodynamically. Look forward to reviews.

4 hours ago, RLL33 said:

Agree it looks cool, but also with Steven re: keeping dirt out of all those little honeycombs. Also hard to believe they wouldn't be a drag aerodynamically. Look forward to reviews.

Good point, might end up slow down the club head speed, lets wait for the review ..... Gosh so many nice club launch almost the same time...... 

Guys we can start shipping these in a couple of days.

loft options are only 10.5 and 11.5

It is 650 per head shipped.

You may choose the weight on the heel,  the heavier the weight the more help in producing a draw and an increase in head weight.

The standard head weight is 196g, and heel side weight is 8g.

Only the heel side weight can be changed and only by the factory.

The available weights are 4g, 6g, 10g and 12g that will increase or decrease the draw bias of the head.

miura_giken_hayate_driver_tsg.jpg

On June 21, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Spoon said:

who makes these for MG? TBH when i think of MG i only think of irons and wedges 

Yes it's made in Taiwan as stated on website. by Dynamic ?

1 hour ago, Duffer19 said:

Yes it's made in Taiwan as stated on website. by Dynamic ?

no idea, there are so many in Taiwan.

I wouldn't worry about dirt, this is a driver after all,.with a headcover. And its not like you take a divot or hit the ground with a driver right?

Would like to see it put in the Boeing wind tunnel though to get a picture of the aerodynamics, especially the trailing pattern. Hey, maybe some of the big hitters could create a sonic boom with the turbulence!  :tsg_smiley_muscle:

• 1 month later...

This is the opposite of good club design,  you never want to reduce the weight of the sole as the goal is to keep it as low as possible. 

BUT customers buying these are very happy.  It's confusing.  Obviously internally they have placed a whole bunch of weight low.

Many brands agree with keeping the sole plate heavy and as low as possible.  Ryoma is the biggest believer in this.  I was working on a driver variant with them and even moving the logo on the 2016 maxima caused changes in cg location.

• 1 year later...
On 2017-12-16 at 6:44 PM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Sold many, customer feedback has been mixed.

Geotech makes this driver btw.

I loved the MG SIT driver - really forgiving and lovely sound - curious if this performs likeworthy? =) 

I would be hesitant to pay almost double a Geotech head just for the   "MIura"  logo on it.   

Quelot gets pretty good reviews.

Dynamic makes some pretty nice drivers.

The issue is Geotech is branded as a budget JDM brand.  The performance and quality is the same as so many other brands that cost more.

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, supo said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm everything geotech ive hit  has been good.

its just the label that irks me.

how bad is that I cant get over a label!!

Yes geotech consistently releases great products.  The Quelot series has rave reviews from slower swingers.  The muso shafts were top material and design for such a low price.  I love that they make non-conforming players drivers too.