Will a UT shaft work on a FW?

Staxxx

I recently bought a 5W (18*) head and am thinking of buying a Crazy Black UT shaft from the forum to put it in. Will this work? It is no problem when it comes to the length of the club as the shaft is 39.5".

Can someone please help. What is the difference between these two types of shafts. Will I end up hitting the ball higher using a FW head and a UT shaft? or the opposite? Will the feel be messed up?

Thanks.

Never try it but 5W would be 0.335 hosel width and UT would probably be 0.355 tip dia. You would have to shave the Crazy ut tip to fit.  Unless it is dirt cheap, just don't understand the logic of doing it.

On June 21, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Duffer19 said:

Never try it but 5W would be 0.335 hosel width and UT would probably be 0.355 tip dia. You would have to shave the Crazy ut tip to fit.  Unless it is dirt cheap, just don't understand the logic of doing it.

buy a proper FW shaft.

i agree. no other reason to do it but to save pennies.

Thanks. Found a proper Fujikura Speeder Evolution II FW shaft and looking forward to trying it.

10 hours ago, Staxxx said:

Thanks. Found a proper Fujikura Speeder Evolution II FW shaft and looking forward to trying it.

dude that shaft aint chopped liver! 

its only my favourite FW shaft!