Ok guys,  a little bit on fashion.  Every man needs at least one or two proper suits. What suit's do you guys wear or lust over?

Zegna
Tom Ford
David August
Prada

Like a golf club we need to be fitted.  Do you to MTO or OTR? Who are some of your favorite suit designers for business or leisure?

TF is a bit pricey,  David August looks good to me and and the price is not as silly as Zegna. Prada don't fit my fat ass very well anymore.

o-DAVID-BECKHAM-HM-900.jpg?7

zegna-grey-suit-pinstripes.jpg

_6945958.jpg

image023.jpg

tom_claeren_blog_fashion_luxury_tom_ford

Navy-Bionic-Finish-Two-B-468P.jpg

I currently have 2 OTR Canali suits which I find to fit me pretty well, perhaps due to my "standard" body frame. Quality wise its not too bad too. For a better fit I would recommend a MTO suit. My dream suits would be from Cesare Attolini or Kiton which you might also be interested to check out. 

i only have 2 proper suits which are bespoke from 

an up and coming designer in manila, so thats peanuts compared to 

off the rack suits from european bespoke houses. i try to remain fit and trim

and can make a cheap a55 suit look good Lol.

i could never drop justify dropping $$$ on a tom ford or kiton

suit even if i could afford it. for others its not really a biggie.

I use Zegna's custom tailoring on Bond Street. Very good and occasionally through the year they have seasonal sales too! 

I also personally like Gucci's cut. But now that I am older, Armani custom tailored fits quite elegantly and I think their choice of material is very good.

I am unfortunately now not able to fit into off the rack suits any more.....but I do admit that these choices are all quite old school and conservative.

Edited by Staxxx

6 minutes ago, Staxxx said:

I use Zegna's custom tailoring on Bond Street. Very good and occasionally through the year they have seasonal sales too! 

I also personally like Gucci's cut. But now that I am older, Armani custom tailored fits quite elegantly and I think their choice of material is very good.

I am unfortunately now not able to fit into off the rack suits any more.....but I do admit that these choices are all quite old school and conservative.

Yiur the man staxxx

I've gotten lucky with luxury of the rack if one possibly fits I have it fully tailored back home to make it more fit.  Have gotten a few euro50 that seemed a bit off but it's amazing how the tailor can make it seem bespoke. 

Thanks.....I live in golf tee shirts nowadays. Wish Chris would start a thread on those!

Hickey Freeman and Zegna are the suits I enjoy wearing the most. I am not in the greatest shape anymore, but these do fit well on me

20 hours ago, deion said:

I currently have 2 OTR Canali suits which I find to fit me pretty well, perhaps due to my "standard" body frame. Quality wise its not too bad too. For a better fit I would recommend a MTO suit. My dream suits would be from Cesare Attolini or Kiton which you might also be interested to check out. 

I've never heard of these before just shows what a noob I am.  Both Cesare Attolini and Kiton look amazing,  am I correct to say they seem to focus more on jackets that have a design on them?  I'm currently and temporarily living in Italy so a trip to Milan may be in the cards and with a favorable euro rate and the lack of 22% vat perhaps a deal is to be had.  

20 hours ago, Spoon said:

i only have 2 proper suits which are bespoke from 

an up and coming designer in manila, so thats peanuts compared to 

off the rack suits from european bespoke houses. i try to remain fit and trim

and can make a cheap a55 suit look good Lol.

i could never drop justify dropping $$$ on a tom ford or kiton

suit even if i could afford it. for others its not really a biggie.

THIS - fit and trim is key.... I fail.  hoping to buy my game like I must in golf.

1. Brioni

Cesare Attolini's design are usually slim fitting similar to Tom Ford whilst kiton caters for the more traditional loose fitting designs. Both are very well made suits.

Check out the Malo store on Via Montenapoleone when in Milan. If I could wear their cashmere all the time under my suit, I would!

So about 15 years ago, I was at the Master's tournament with my father-in-law.  He mentioned that he wanted to by me a jacket as a present, which was pretty nice of him.  Little did I know that he meant right then.  We walk up to the clubhouse, around the side to the bag room, and the tailor for the Augusta National members is there measuring and fitting members.  I get fit for a jacket, choose the fabric and buttons.  The tailor asks me if I mind if he takes care of this other order before mine.  I look down at the ticket he is referring to and it is none other than Arnold Palmer's order.  I say, "yeah, I guess that would be ok".  I still have the jacket and wear it regularly.

35 minutes ago, Mob said:

So about 15 years ago, I was at the Master's tournament with my father-in-law.  He mentioned that he wanted to by me a jacket as a present, which was pretty nice of him.  Little did I know that he meant right then.  We walk up to the clubhouse, around the side to the bag room, and the tailor for the Augusta National members is there measuring and fitting members.  I get fit for a jacket, choose the fabric and buttons.  The tailor asks me if I mind if he takes care of this other order before mine.  I look down at the ticket he is referring to and it is none other than Arnold Palmer's order.  I say, "yeah, I guess that would be ok".  I still have the jacket and wear it regularly.

thats a cool story! hope your Father in law got you to play augusta?

22 hours ago, Spoon said:

thats a cool story! hope your Father in law got you to play augusta?

No, unfortunately he didn't pull that one off.  He is not a member, but knows a few there.  He used to do some legal work for CBS sports, and got to know people there over the years, including the tailor there.

36 minutes ago, Mob said:

No, unfortunately he didn't pull that one off.  He is not a member, but knows a few there.  He used to do some legal work for CBS sports, and got to know people there over the years, including the tailor there.

has he played the course though? m sure you will one day!

On June 27, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Spoon said:

has he played the course though? m sure you will one day!

Oh yes, he has played it 3 or 4 times.  He played it the Monday after Jack Nickalaus won the Master's in 1986, and played it from the same tees, to the same pin positions.  He said it was one of the more memorable rounds of golf in his life.  I think that it is unlikely that I will ever have the opportunity to play there for various reasons, but who knows, maybe the stars will align one day in the future.

"what do you guys think of MTM va OTR?"

Chris, for an avid golfer with an eye for details, would you buy your clubs of the rack? ;-)

Bespoke all the way.

Cifonelli and Camps de Luca in Paris 

Great guys, fantastic fabric and an eye for details.  Simply magnificent.  But it is not cheap.

Enjoy

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Check out Caruso. Awesome fit and finish. The best fabrics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1.) Hand Made Saville Row

2) Brioni

3) Valentio

Gave mine away when I grew out iof them.