new sheriff in town -- A-Grind 2016 CMB Driving Iron

RLL33

Every now and then I'll get a question from somebody asking why every club in my bag is JDM but my driving iron. And I have to say it's because I've tried everything I could get my hands on and nothing has been able to kick this five year old Cally forged 18-degree prototype out. And while I'll always have a soft spot for the line drive ropes that the Cally has delivered for me over the years, I do believe there is finally a new sheriff in town.

I put the 2016 A-Grind CMB 18-degree in my bag this week after Chris shafted it up for me with that new Crazy STP hybrid shaft (that I also LOVE in my A-Grind 23 hybrid...), and wow, this thing is money! Butter soft but tight as the 42nd virgin, it sends out rising line drives both off the tee and the deck. While many JDM driving irons could do one or the other well for me, I never came across one that performed in both areas like the Cally. Until this baby.

Long, straight, easy to hit, smooth and smoother in combo with the fabulous new blackout stepped carbon Crazy UT shaft. I used it off the tee on a blind Par 4 at my course, and later on our long finishing Par 5 closing hole whose fairway tilts hard to water on one side, but has an overhanging tree limb up the high side right in the way of a high second shot. Bingo on both!

Anyone looking for some new love from a driving iron, I do not hesitate to recommend this setup with the A-Grind.

Once again, my huge thanks to Ako-san and Chris for turning me on to his amazing subtle designs.

PS.  I'll try and post some pics. I was so anxious to get it out to the course and into my bag that I didn't take any.

Edited by RLL33

I bought one as well. Absolutely fantastic. Straight and long and perfect.