New TRPX Prototype Driver Spotted

Very early prototype of a new TRPX driver.  They are no longer cool with Jbeam due to an unfortunate situation where the leader of a JPGA event was disqualified coming into the final round for playing  a non conforming driver.  Ultimately imo it was TRPX's faults as they should have checked the COR on that club themselves before handing it to a pro.

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 11.15.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 11.15.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 11.16.55 AM.png

Looks like it wasn't the COR but the fact that the driver wasn't included in the R&A's list of conforming clubs, despite the club head being 'approved' by them.  

Both of the approval letters from the R&A ask for a confirmation of a launch date so that it can be included in their list of conforming clubs.  Doesn't look like the people at TRPX read down and/or understood the letter....

http://www.trpx.jp/arc/1149

(R&A Pdfs are at the bottom of the announcement)

Well, I like the face shape. Reminds me of one of my all time favourites, TM R510 tp

Not sure about the JPGA, but it'd be very rare for the R&A to test COR pre-tournament to assure conformance. If it happens, they'd usually random sample some of the tour van heads to make sure the vans' CT tests are accurate. The R&A knows that after Drivers are put in play, CT/COR migrates - increasing a bit as face becomes more flexible and then declines as face becomes too flexible. That's why most tour heads' CT falls somewhere between 240 - 248, just below the 257 max. 

On July 12, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Golfbaka said:

Looks like it wasn't the COR but the fact that the driver wasn't included in the R&A's list of conforming clubs, despite the club head being 'approved' by them.  

Both of the approval letters from the R&A ask for a confirmation of a launch date so that it can be included in their list of conforming clubs.  Doesn't look like the people at TRPX read down and/or understood the letter....

(R&A Pdfs are at the bottom of the announcement)

We know both brands very well. TRPX blames Jbeam for the situation.. JBeam thinks they should check their own drivers..  If this was just about registering with the R&A TRPX would take responsibility for it.

12 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

We know both brands very well. TRPX blames Jbeam for the situation.. JBeam thinks they should check their own drivers..  If this was just about registering with the R&A TRPX would take responsibility for it.

J-Beam (JGE) registered the driver then 'somebody' didn't confirm the release date of the driver.  However, as J-Beam wrote the registration letter  they should have confirmed to the R&A the release date.  Smells of an administrative cock up to me.  Probably a result of being a very small company and under resourcing their admin.  Clearly though it is not good business practice to call out either your supplier or your customer for something, unless there is something else behind it...

Still very interested to know where these new TPRX drivers are coming from...

If I ask Jbeam to produce a driver for me there is no way I would expect them to register it with the R&A..   Its industry standard for any brand to take care of this themselves.

if TRPX asked JBeam to do this its idiotic as its super easy to do.  Pay fee and send sample.

JBeam has a CT machine,  TRPX does not.  JBeam always checks CT #s of clubs it hands to a pro.  

Yes very small co.  TRPX is actually bigger.

1 hour ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

If I ask Jbeam to produce a driver for me there is no way I would expect them to register it with the R&A..   Its industry standard for any brand to take care of this themselves.

if TRPX asked JBeam to do this its idiotic as its super easy to do.  Pay fee and send sample.

JBeam has a CT machine,  TRPX does not.  JBeam always checks CT #s of clubs it hands to a pro.  

Yes very small co.  TRPX is actually bigger.

Looks like that is exactly what JBeam did.  The response letter from the R&A is to addressed to  Kazuhiro Sakata, the president of J-Beam (JGE) asking him to confirm the release date so they would know when to put the driver onto their conforming clubs list...

47 minutes ago, Golfbaka said:

Looks like that is exactly what JBeam did.  The response letter from the R&A is to addressed to  Kazuhiro Sakata, the president of J-Beam (JGE) asking him to confirm the release date so they would know when to put the driver onto their conforming clubs list...

It's Insane to me why Jbeam would do this for another co.  

It's Insane to me why TRPX would let another co register it's gear with the R&A.

The loser in all this is TRPX they lose a killer driver supplier and their pro must have been pissed!

Moving on I don't know who makes this new club,   it does not look Kamui Pro at all.