2016 PRGR RS Forged Irons

The new RS Forged Irons by PRGR look stunning!

This is their pro model iron,  a month or two ago we showed you the prototypes being played on the J-Tour.  Back then the iron was a pure blade,  this is the same club just slightly evolved into a neo blade.

It's got a lot of technology! 

It's body is forged S25C
the face is maraging steel ES235
there is a hollow cavity on the inside filled with a vibration dampening called FLASH ONE
weighting is done by a new tungsten rubber material as well

The goal is to make a blade that had all the forgiveness of a medium sized cb.

look at the FP,  its as minimal as it get's and progressive as it should be with 4.0 in the long irons and down to 5.5 in the wedge which is virtually nothing to onset. 

There is a black set dedicated wedge available as well.

Untitled.jpg

The set is sold 5-PW with optional #4 / 51 / 57* 

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 2.42.04 PM.png

Ok, these look ridiculously good, fantastic. And the wedge looks great too

ok,i spent  the day at PRGR recently.  I hit their new drivers both the rs and  rsf(fade)  vs draw.

im getting one, easily.easily the ebst stock  shaft by a country mile ive ever hit. fantastic m46 so sx flex .

face looks dead square  as apposed to closed which btw  they arnt but everyone seems  to think they are. they are in fact open!!!

the iron is just out of this word for  feel, imagine hitting a marshmallow with  a cloud lined   with tissue paper , epon on roids!

the head is bigger  but oh so easy to  hit. kind of like a gentle srixon 945, when they finally relase the new itron it will be more playyyyahhh tho so itll have more appeal.

the new wedges are alike a muscledup verison of the RS blacks , more  rounded more loft which was needed. super easy to hit  small still and cpmpact but  with typical prgr feel and unmatched design

yup once again the new prgr stuff is the  winner going away............,

no its this one shown above but the test iron is not what wil be releasd, they re did it abit more aggressive than the one I hit as a tester. good shape ,  a bit smaller than the tr500s.  they are not a micro blade.  I cant wait to see what they  finally  release..

Wow... Beautiful... I'm using the Nabla Black series...had to weaken 1 deg 7-p as they were to strong.

But the hollow cavity works fantastic..in.the longer irons there is a slight click...but they launch and fly mile...the mid-p feel more like cb.

Edited by Jeffrey Tan

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome !!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on this one? Would love to hear more about it.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:21 AM, shacco said:

Any news on this one? Would love to hear more about it.

Finally got a full round in with these,  I know it's not much but will be posting brief impressions on the blog this week.

On 14/08/2016 at 10:42 PM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Finally got a full round in with these,  I know it's not much but will be posting brief impressions on the blog this week.

Very keen to hear your impressions Chris. Any benchmarking against the legendary TR500 would be appreciated!

4 hours ago, daamartin said:

Very keen to hear your impressions Chris. Any benchmarking against the legendary TR500 would be appreciated!

They are not like the TR500's  these are a bit more chunky as stew mentioned.   Will post pics to show you when it stops raining here.

On 19/08/2016 at 11:40 PM, TourSpecGolfer said:

Thanks for the pics Rex.  I will be posting my brief review shortly in the blog.

The new M43 spec shafts are lighter again. M46 might be better this time around for some of us.....keen to hear your thoughts Chris?

Are these Endo Japan forged this version?

http://golftaiken.nikkansports.com/2016/08/5660.html

Is Domo.

August 26, 2016 is PRGR new model "RS" series will be released, but it is finally entered the Iron. "RS" is the Iron "iD Nabla RS" Iron same "Forged" Iron, two models of "titanium face" Iron is available. First, let's say from the "Forged" Iron !!

First of all, let's say from the looks.

Preceded by the I'm triangle of back face was the characteristic. This "RS Forged" Iron is the appearance cavity iron, but as of the predecessor same hollow structure.PRGR RS IRON BACK

Faces when compared to its predecessor, it felt like had become a compact feel a little toe-heel.PRGR RS IRON FACE

Saul is Semiwaido, but the leading edge is also the trailing edge also had been considerably cut. This is than implanted coming out of the goodness of the, you would be aware that that will somewhat slipped even I Duff.PRGR RS IRON SOLE

The neck is I guess is almost straight. Predecessor, but it felt like Vance is large set, I did not feel too much Vance in this "RS Forged" Iron.PRGR RS IRON SIDE

Poised to try and like this. It is more compact than its predecessor. Predecessor, but the top line is looked thicker, this "RS Forged" Iron felt also seems to have been devised that somewhat look sharp.PRGR RS IRON TOP

It was to test hitting this time, the original steel shaft "spec steel Ⅲver.2" M-43 mounted model of the # 7. Specs, loft angle of 32 degrees, lie angle 62 degrees, length of 36.75 inches, total weight 420g, balance D1. Shaft specifications, weight 94g, torque 1.9, the original tone.PRGR RS IRON SHAFT

Test hitting venue Tokyo Metro Green Toyocho, the ball two-piece ball use.

First of all sense of I have is slightly lighter in weight basis. Wood-based Similarly, grip was just the right thickness of the feeling. When I was Shinara the shaft, intermediate I felt bow. And try to practice swing, the feeling of the head in the crosscut is but I felt disappear and fluoride, the fast type of crosscut as I was shaking likely image without delay pretend. When I actually hit, but feel it was a pretty good feeling in the mild, I think I know the predecessor same hollow structure. This, was forgotten when to test hitting. That the Forged model, we can see that is equivalent stuck to feel, I do not notice unless said that the hollow structure. And in writing the manuscript try to re-read your own blog, I was surprised to myself you're writing the same kind of thing in the predecessor (sweat)

Ballistic data of Sky track is like thisPRGR RS IRON ST3D

That each sphere data was here.PRGR RS IRON ST

[3 balls average] 
HS38.6m / s, initial velocity 49.1m / s, launch angle 16.8 degrees, back spin amount 5638.9rpm, side spin -646.6rpm, flying distance 147.0m (160.7y) 
[Best] 
HS38.6m / s , initial velocity 49.2m / s, launch angle 17.3 degrees, back spin amount 5222.7rpm, side spin -675.2rpm, flying distance 148.3m (162.1y)

It was a fairly mild system is hitting feel. In the driver & FW same chunky impact, I feel riding feeling of the face is good. If it is said that the hollow structure, I felt to treble system in which calm think you !! slapping sound and not notice at all.

Trajectory in such a feeling

The Sky track data is here.PRGR RS IRON MST3D

Trajectory, it was a high trajectory of undisputed. Well, I think that it is a reasonable height Given the 32-degree loft. I think that it is a good feeling without go up spin amount blow but, 5300rpm in the Sky track and generous Kana ··· ※ 148.9m = 162.8y

Dedama is a trend, but the draw based on my swing. Operability with a straight neck is a high likely, but basically I think the model that hold on to automatic.

Shaft behavior, but I feel middle bends, it was also a little softer image is in spite of the steel shaft S. But, pretend disconnect was a nice touch!

As far as this time I was test hitting, recommended for HS42 ~ 43m / s Atari in this spec. Anyway, the player feeling but is happy that it is iron in !! automatic club Hydro over the strike atmosphere, including that appearance is swung slightly sharp direction, with feelings in the feeling-oriented, including hitting feel I recommend.

<PRGR "RS Forged" Iron> 
■ KAZ'S impression (10-point scale) 
▽ distance: 8 ▽ up-friendliness: 10 ▽ operability: 8 ▽ poised Ease: 9 ▽ of feel softness: 10 ▽ acceptable mistakes degrees: 9 
■ head: (# 4 to # 9) body = soft iron (S25C), face = maraging steel (ES235), insert material = vibration damping material. (PW, 51 degrees, 57 degrees) body & face = soft iron (S25C). Weight = tungsten rubber (51 degrees, 57 degrees only) 
■ shaft (weight / torque / tone): steel shaft "Dynamic Gold" (S200 = 117g / 1.5 / original tone), "KBS Tour 105" (S = 101g / 1.7 / mid-tone), "spec steel ⅲVer.2 M-46" (SX = 103g / 1.7 / original tone), "the M-43" (S = 94g / 1.9 / original tone), "the M-40" (SR = 85g / 2.2 / original tone) ※ specifications # 7 mounted model