Epon Personal 3 Irons Revealed - And it's not a blade!

August 24th Release Date

And it's not a blade,  its a CB made using a forged body and stainless face similar to the 503 and 703 irons.

Black IP finish although Epon is warning it may chip or peel and they do are unable to replace or repair due to this.

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 4.01.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 4.01.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 4.01.41 PM.png

?

Hmm, so far, with the limited pics, these look pretty horrible actually. Might be a different story after seeing them in a the flesh..But as it is they look like a Nabla-copy with that design on the back, and "cheap"

Haven't look at their website yet but somehow this doesn't look like a replacement for P1 or 2 but more like 503/703. If that's the case, this would make more sense. 

HAHAHAH very clever!  Honestly I predict in 3 months everyone will come around.  Epon's tend to be like Jordans.  Every year they come out people criticize the looks and wonder what the f**k they/he was thinking and then 3-6-12 months later they have a cult following.  When TSG quality pics come forth, I bet these will be accepted as nice.

I will say, I like the lack of offset for a cavity back, non players looking club from Epon.  Interesting.

Its more like a limited model between the 551 and 703 than a replacement for P1/2.  Did Epon designate this model as P3?

Edited by Duffer19

Its interesting to note that the loft is 1* stronger (almost same as the 302)  than the P2 but offset seems to be  bit less according to spec on the internet.  

3 hours ago, jimmieboi said:

Like P2 when it debut, looks horrible in pics but gorgeous in the fresh. This so called P3 could be the same case. 

yes I agree.  

This is the interwebs and this is always the pattern.

Mmmm , 

Interesting design , my first impression is that it's not for me and that I prefer the P2s over them . I must admit I am also not a fan of the White line on the bottom groove , makes it look very Pingesque . Will be interested to see how wide the sole is and how the feel is , if it feels like the 503 then I really will be staying away as that doesn't suit me at all . I have read on numerous occasions that Epon always does things for a reason so I will be a very interested observer . I must admit that I find it strange that Epon would favour a finish that's prone to chipping and damages easily .

From what I'm seeing and reading , my satin finish 302s and Miura CB57s are pretty safe .

Looks like kind of a copy of Mizuno's MP55 -- which I have to say has just a wonderful feel for a CB.

10 hours ago, Aussie said:

I must admit that I find it strange that Epon would favour a finish that's prone to chipping and damages easily