Epon Personal 3 Irons Revealed - And it's not a blade!

How does the arse covering word "may" from a company renowned for providing the best golf club finish, pretty much ever, become the word "prone"?

4 hours ago, Hamkenstein said:

How does the arse covering word "may" from a company renowned for providing the best golf club finish, pretty much ever, become the word "prone"?

Couple things, I wrote "may".. second they didnt finish this head.

All black IP, black boron and many other finishes have this issue even on shafts.

Looks similar to the Tourstage X blade 705 type S...705 looks boxer.

Viperact@ maybe I should too...lol

Ahhhh I'm starting to like these. Adjusted the photos a little.  Check em out now. 

o0720048013698608487.jpg.dc447a01acb37b741ff91e10748f44bf.jpg

o0720048013698608587.jpg.9661ba601cafe38b8c025950498735d8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

if Chris didn't say it was a Personal version 3, I would've thought that this would be a replacement for the 503/703....

was looking forward to a Buchi-beating, Mizuno-crushing and Miura-stomping blade from Epon, maybe wait for P4 lol. This one NOPE for me 

Thinking of selling my 503s to get these....just for fun to try out.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely not recycling the old mold. This P3 is spectacular. This is made for better player seeking for distance and control with signature Epon feel. 7 iron can go easy 190 yards. It's AF 703 in Tour CB form factors.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by jimmieboi

12 minutes ago, jimmieboi said:

Definitely not recycling the old mold. This P3 is spectacular. This is made for better player seeking for distance and control with signature Epon feel. 7 iron can go easy 190 yards. It's AF 703 in Tour CB form factors.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What shafts are those Jimmie? I notice you colored the bottom groove white on your wedges. 

I like your description 703 in aftour CB form factors

Easy to see why they sold out so quickly.  They seem like they are going to bring the CB and the GI player together.

I was disappointed in these when I first saw them, thinking this is not what the Personals are about. But then I realized how selfish I was. Why should only those able or wanting to play blades be catered to? This is an iron that gives something special to another segment of loyal Epon fans that deserve recognition.

23 hours ago, Spoon said:

So can anyone enlighten me on the finish? I understand this is more like DLC than PVD? 

This is a form of black IP which likely feels and looks better than DLC yet is not as durable.

The inner cavity and up and around undercut area is likely a durable paint.

official pics:

Untitled.jpg

On 8/25/2016 at 8:13 AM, jimmieboi said:

I could only wish.  I'd be happy with 160 which is 10yards past my current 7 iron. 

Can't wait for the reviews to come in.

I, too, would like to see a 7-iron go an "easy 190..."  (other than in the hands of Jason Day or DJ...)

I'll wait for reviews first. If they're better than the Kuros maybe, although I already have the 302s and like chrome irons so...

Definitely love it...allready have 302 and 503...so i don't know if a third set is reasonable :) waiting for the first review but i beginning to think of it,not a good sign for my bank ;)