Easiest and best feeling 3 wood (distance optional)

dnq22

Gents

I would appreciate your recommendations on what you have found to be the easiest to hit, most reliable and best feeling JDM three wood head.

Distance is not the priority.

I plan to pair it with a Crazy FW-80.

Best

Dave

wow....,

all rounder from a tee and the deck 15*..............

maybe the royal collection bbd   type2   springs to mind.

Yamaha v- fw  from 2009 .. that's a beauty. so easy to hit nothing overly anything about it . slightly larger fuller than the  RC.

ahhh the 16.5* prgr egg from 2yrs back is a howler but that's closed 1*, it shudnt make a lick of difference with the shaft ur looking at tho. will be arrow straight. and mid low flight.

if ur not looking to drop a bomb, those shud work nicely,

A-Grind DST. 

Like all of Ako-san's clubs, a quiet, elegant gem with beautiful feel, sound, looks, AND easy distance. Would match well with any shaft.

maruman shuttle

Maruman Shuttle is that good??

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Mjr. D said:

Maruman Shuttle is that good??

Actually yes, if you need super easy launch and forgiveness. I've hit a few different versions of the shuttle and they feel good, are oversized and launch the ball very high, too high for me in fact. I have had a plan in the back of my head for a long time about getting the old 2-wood version and put a heavier/stiffer shaft in it and build it slightly over-length...For like the ultimate uber-easy fw-finder.

Anyway, everytime somebody asks me for a friendly, high launch FW I say shuttle 

3 hours ago, Vegaman said:

Actually yes, if you need super easy launch and forgiveness. I've hit a few different versions of the shuttle and they feel good, are oversized and launch the ball very high, too high for me in fact. I have had a plan in the back of my head for a long time about getting the old 2-wood version and put a heavier/stiffer shaft in it and build it slightly over-length...For like the ultimate uber-easy fw-finder.

Anyway, everytime somebody asks me for a friendly, high launch FW I say shuttle 

I have a Shuttle F (Ti)  13*  2w with stock SR flex that I am not using.  If you are interested, PM me.

The 4 and 5 iron are out of my  bag and I play Maruman Shuttles  in 23* and 26* (UF 4 and 5). The heads are sort of between the size of a UT and FW. Not too large.  High arching shots that stop on the green. Definitely knocked a few shots off my score for sure.

My other  votes are  for Zodia OZ which I play in 18* and the Baldo Brassy for a strong  3-wood driver substitute for tight fairways.

Edited by Staxxx