Epon for sale - Endo leaving golf biz

TourSpecGolfer

Agree. My real points is Endo forged superb irons for Epon and other brand, but Epon charged a lot more because of its brand name. ( Following Chris' point of Epon has a strong brand. (5  years ago, I bought a set of new Tourstage shafted at $600 from a Bridgestone staff, which is my starting point of JDM lover.) 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this makes me curious as to where each brand is forged...

1 hour ago, Romaro-Slut said:

There are not many brands left in Japan that are really "made in Japan"

Benock is a typical example... 

Bencock  the putter? if so its made in japan.

what makes you say its not?

Back in the day, most main stream JDM brands were forged by Endo and advertised as such. When new releases came out back in the day, the first thing you see in advertisement was "forged of S20C by Endo". Now those words are gone. My best guess is all are forged in China same as those USDM Taylormade.

Edited by jimmieboi

If I recall correctly Honma has its own factory in Sakata, Japan. Mizuno doesn't have its own forged factory but uses a company that manufacture bullet trains exclusively for Mizuno in Hiroshima. 

Bennock makes the best quality putters in the world hands down.  I go to his factory every year in Kyoto.. 100% made in Japan with no doubt.  Japanese machine, German Controller, Italian cad software this mans equipment costs triple what is necessary for golf.

Mizuno does have a foundry (not sure if it has anything to do with trains ) but it only produces certain MP models there.  The rest is made in China or forged in China and ground and finished in Japan.. This depends on the design.

Jimmie -- can I ask, are you in the golf equipment business?

I'm not in golf biz but I'm so into it that I have my own golf fitting studio. Also I happen to know lots of guys in golf business, distributors and touring pros. That's how I have some insights on some of the topic we are discussing here. 

Mizuno doesn't own a forging factory. It has a forging house in Hiroshima do the forging for them exclusively for Mizuno. The casting version are made in China. That forging factory also do parts of high speed train and cars. Same as Endo forged manufacture medical products (not exclusive to just golf). 

Edited by jimmieboi

Where do I find a Bannock putter?  Googled it and nothing comes up...

Keep up the banter, this is good stuff.

There is only 1 'n' in Benock....  I don't know where to buy them but, here is there translated web site:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=SERP&br=ro&mkt=en-US&dl=en&lp=JA_EN&a=http%3a%2f%2fbenockputter.com%2f

Edited by glensmithis

I've been to Mizuno HQ in Osaka,  It's correct they partnered with Chuo industries that does make trains, that forging press only does one thing make Mizuno's clubs.  Mizuno owns it and the staff working the machine are employees of Mizuno.   

And they also do forgings in China as well,  it's not only castings.   

Mizuno's factory is amazing.  Possibly the best grinders anywhere,  I wish we could get permission to tell each of their personal stories.  

9 hours ago, lykato said:

Is the SEVEN brand Endo forged? It always states its Limited only 15 sets available. Must be breaking even at 15 sets.

Seven is not made at Endo but I can provide you insight on this one because I own it :)  

Year 1 was all about testing different foundries, grinders, cnc shops and finishers.  That is why we have so many prototypes.  I'm still not satisfied with the results. We have a new 100% made in Japan manufacturer for all the 2017 products expect everything to be completely different with a huge jump in quality.

7 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

Where do I find a Bannock putter?  Googled it and nothing comes up...

Keep up the banter, this is good stuff.

I've got a Bennock Collection!  Shall I post it?

You can't buy it from any stores.  You MUST get fit in person in Tokyo or Kyoto.  Each putter is original using a brand new CAD design.  He's got 4 cad designers who can produce only 8 designs each day.  Putters range from 1k - 10k+  

It's like 7D of putters,  the fitting is so important.

I saw a few online. Would love to see your collection, Chris, if you feel like posting. 

Yes please post!  I won't be in Japan anytime soon so looks like I'm SOL.

Is it Benock or Bennock? Because I know about Benock not Bennock. I walked into a 7 dreamer studio once in Tokyo and asked for putter recommendation (while looking at their shafts). The woman was helpful and told me that Benock was the best putter made in Japan. I will be heading back to Tokyo for a fitting some time next year.

To be frank, i owned only a few putters. Sold the few Scotty Tour putters i owned such as (button back t10, super rat, etc) and only kept one Timeless model. So far nothing tops the Yamada putter that Mr Yamada hand made it for me. Gotta get my hands on the Benock to try though.

3 hours ago, magpies said:

Is it Benock or Bennock? Because I know about Benock not Bennock. I walked into a 7 dreamer studio once in Tokyo and asked for putter recommendation (while looking at their shafts). The woman was helpful and told me that Benock was the best putter made in Japan. I will be heading back to Tokyo for a fitting some time next year.

To be frank, i owned only a few putters. Sold the few Scotty Tour putters i owned such as (button back t10, super rat, etc) and only kept one Timeless model. So far nothing tops the Yamada putter that Mr Yamada hand made it for me. Gotta get my hands on the Benock to try though.

One "N"

http://benockputter.com/about-benock-putter/

On ‎24‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, Spoon said:

Bencock  the putter? if so its made in japan.

what makes you say its not?

Buddy,

i am saying it is and its the last few putter brands that is truly made in Japan and truly customized.

The studio here does fitting in English as the Japanese who operates is here speaks english