The New Pro Gear (PRGR) RS Forged Irons

TourSpecGolfer

These irons are amazing.  I have the full run down in the blog and got to hit them on the range again today.

Just super long considering their size.  about 1.5 clubs longer than a normal 1 piece forged players iron.  They feel soft in a synthetic way ( great ) sort of like the Epon 503's but even more dense and compacted vibrations.  Nice springy vibe off the face.

Besides it being very long they were extremely straight with the standard spec steel and the forgiveness is off the charts,  these are players cavity backs evolved.  I don't know if the 45* loft on the PW will bother the purists but the performance makes up for that easy.  

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/blog/29700-2/

PRGR-RS-Forged-Irons1.jpg

PRGR-RS-Forged-Irons4.jpg

PRGR-RS-Forged-Irons3.jpg

PRGR-RS-Forged-Irons6.jpg

PRGR-RS-Forged-Irons2.jpg

PRGR-RS-Forged-Irons5.jpg

PRGR-RS-Forged-Irons7.jpg

The last CB I wanted this bad was my copper 302s. These look fantastic and if they're even a slight improvement over the iD-BLs then these will be the best CB I've ever played.

Edited by chiromikey

Well, they look amazing. Gonna have to check these out in da flesh

I officially want a set ;) How do these compare to Onoff Kuros as far as forgiveness is concerned? 

Distance is longer than the kuro's,  feel is different... I think Kuro's remind me of a different flavor of Mizuno type of soft.

Forgiveness I think that's a tie.  

If you like the Kuro's these are a choice but the VG3 Forged is one that Kuro owners seem to prefer over their onoffs.

Waiting on the new Kuros coming next March...

• 2 weeks later...

had an other waggle with the PW  yesterday, grew on me big time, medium bodied "kinda"mb.. def not a balde, not by a long way but a very ver y nice loking/feeling  MB.  I like that they are more compact and fuller than long and thin.

PW looks  nice at address while not seeming like it can knock over pins , its more  like u cant miss many  greens......... theres a more than sublte difference, ASIAN  golf players shud benefit a lot from the  thicker sole.     yea I think ill  grab a set of these......, sooner than later now.