Next Contest - What do you want?

TourSpecGolfer

Two ideas...

1) give it to the people who have spent the most money with you over the past year or two or three (that won't be me)

2) list what you have and then solicit responses for why someone needs that club. Why that particular club is the missing link between where their game is now and where they want to be 

1 hour ago, bk24bk said:

are you really a 13 handicap?  I don't believe that for a moment.

Im even higher now, the last 9 months have been hectic and injuries abundant.

Im back in the states hope to get back to single in 2017.

Contest - 

1) Favorite club and why (not just why JDM, but your fav current club in your bag now so that people review clubs, increase community knowledge)

2) Why you are into quality golf equipment - eg, plenty of people with money don't buy JDM. But we do. Why? A look into what makes this love tick?

3) How you would rationalize free golf clubs into an excuse to buy more JDM golf clubs? 

12 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

#2 is a great one!

keep um coming!

Perhaps you could link #2 to a WITB post (that thing has been a bit dead lately) , because that forum can be very informative, particularly when you see bags played by people who have similar games and specs to you.

Do you guys really have the time or desire to take pics of your bags and post them?  Forum members are a rare breed especially for high end gear as it's made up of professionals who are often well off and very busy.  

Cleaning your clubs,  taking photos,  uploading them online seems like a lot to ask...?  input appreciated.

10 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Do you guys really have the time or desire to take pics of your bags and post them?  Forum members are a rare breed especially for high end gear as it's made up of professionals who are often well off and very busy.  

Cleaning your clubs,  taking photos,  uploading them online seems like a lot to ask...?  input appreciated.

Not too much too ask at all, as I'd guess that the majority on here keep their clubs in pristine condition. I'm just waiting for some Tourstage irons to get through customs before posting an up to date witb.

42 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

I don't mind to do that :p

4 hours ago, Ian-500 said:

Not too much too ask at all, as I'd guess that the majority on here keep their clubs in pristine condition. I'm just waiting for some Tourstage irons to get through customs before posting an up to date witb.

Yep I am very busy, but clean my gear every week (s20c steel is something that needs care!)

I'm up for a WITB,  accompanied by three to eight lines of verse (n some form of Waka, perhaps bowdlerized Haiku) as a homage in praise of your clubs! :))

Edited by Staxxx

Most top end JDM bags , if not all ,  are painfully well looked after so it wud be a simple case of snap a shot at the course or range.... that cant take more than 2 seconds to do.   the camera on phones are unreal now  and  in normal sun they wil come out very well. so that's easy and a damn good idea.

ALSO how about making it available  to contributors on the forum site ONLY rather than blow in  "opportunistic" bottom feeders THAT use this place to source  ideas and  gear then go and  use everyone knowledge and money and buy it elsewhere  to save 12 cents.

that way the guys that support you. get supported back!!!

Best story: how we convince our wives that our golf equipment buying is sane and rational.  

Edited by chuck4golf

Ahh I solved that one a long time ago......didn't get married! :))) 

22 minutes ago, chuck4golf said:

Best story: how we convince our wives that our golf equipment buying is sane and rational.  

My wife plays (15 index and full bag of PRGR and a Gauge Proto putter). Problem fixed. She is hooked too!

I think 2 contests are in order.  Just throwing out some thoughts.

1.  Best WITB contest - JDM bags only ( at least irons and driver are JDM ) for posters with 100 posts or more.  Two judging ways to win: 

(2 Prizes)
1. Best photos
2. Best bag & Description

2.  As bk24bk mentioned - I list a great prize and solicit responses for why someone needs that club. Why that particular club is the missing link between where their game is now and where they want to be   ( 2 prizes as well ) ** Must have at least 100 forum posts **

Any tweaks to these or particular rules?

10 minutes ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

I think 2 contests are in order.  Just throwing out some thoughts.

1.  Best WITB contest - JDM bags only ( at least irons and driver are JDM ) for posters with 100 posts or more.  Two judging ways to win: 

(2 Prizes)
1. Best photos
2. Best bag & Description

2.  As bk24bk mentioned - I list a great prize and solicit responses for why someone needs that club. Why that particular club is the missing link between where their game is now and where they want to be   ( 2 prizes as well ) ** Must have at least 100 forum posts **

Any tweaks to these or particular rules?

1. Best WITB photos might include pics of home course/ favourite hole. Don't mind seeing a link between gear used and type of course/ turf/ greens played on.

8 hours ago, supo said:

ALSO how about making it available  to contributors on the forum site ONLY rather than blow in  "opportunistic" bottom feeders THAT use this place to source  ideas and  gear then go and  use everyone knowledge and money and buy it elsewhere  to save 12 cents.

that way the guys that support you. get supported back!!!

+1, Stew!

2 hours ago, RLL33 said:

+1, Stew!

+2

im al l excited now.. not that I need anything  new............  but   I got some snapo s coming, playing a godo course this weekend   if the wether holds some good snaps shud be had,..!