A friend has the new model Tesla.  It's the P75D not the silly fast 100D.  same thing just different range and 1/4 mile time.  

He took me and my family to the airport and we were able to load a ton of luggage in the back,  it had more space than my X5 and S Class and that wasn't even using the front trunk.  Inside was nice too,  he showed us the basic features of auto pilot and I was just overall impressed with it.  

Any of you drive one?  The windshield on the Model X is cool too.  Wish they had the HUD display though as that is an option I can't live without anymore.

FullSizeRender_zpsgizpfijr.jpg

2016-Tesla-Model-S-P90D-front-three-quar

2016-Tesla-Model-S-P90D-front-three-quar

TESLArefreshfront.jpg?itok=yOqqw6P7

section-exterior-primary-wings-open-fron

2016-Tesla-Model-X-P90D-front-three-quar

I love the thought behind them, their tech and performance but I hate the logo, the fronts and their overall styling.  

It's like they don't know what audience they're going for - sporty family, sports car guy or spry grandpa.

6 hours ago, Mjr. D said:

I love the thought behind them, their tech and performance but I hate the logo, the fronts and their overall styling.  

I thought the same until I sat in one and used it's trunk.  

I still don't like the exterior but it wouldn't stop me from getting one.

I also recently rented a Prius for 45 days on a trip in Europe and it was my first experience with Hybrid.  I was getting 800+ km on a 40 euro fill.  Then I get back to the states and average 13mpg  in my X5.   

Oh there's absolutely something to be said about the gas milage those things offer. Filling up every 10-14 days at $75 a pop is starting to get pretty old... and terrible for the environment.  They're here to say.

• 2 weeks later...

I like them, even the exterior, but I see them as a toy like I would a sports car. Something I have to think about before I decide to take it out. No long trips, no full day of errands (unless I strategically plan my trip around a charging station), no spontaneous nights out after work, etc. too much bs to consider until they figure out how to increase its range or make charging quicker and more convenient. I do love their 0-60 acceleration but they get spanked from a roll by any other high performance car at that price range.

14 hours ago, chiromikey said:

I like them, even the exterior, but I see them as a toy like I would a sports car. Something I have to think about before I decide to take it out. No long trips, no full day of errands (unless I strategically plan my trip around a charging station), no spontaneous nights out after work, etc. too much bs to consider until they figure out how to increase its range or make charging quicker and more convenient. I do love their 0-60 acceleration but they get spanked from a roll by any other high performance car at that price range.

I think that was the perfect way to sum it up the Tesla.

thinking to change up both cars in the garage to:

new version toyota land cruiser + new panny 4S or E-Hybrid version.

I drove the P85d for six weeks, selling it for my buddy who moved abroad. I loved it, almost. Interior space, speed, gimmics, Spotify, the rear camera om a 17" screen, the app where I can get it heated or cooled to my liking etc. But it is no Lexus, S-class or 7, yet. It lacks sound proofing which is stupid when you have a car that is quiet by definition. But when you go 80 on the freeway it is still loud. Fit and finish is second to all of the above too. The worst thing is the lack of freedom as you have to plan ahead, always. I still want one... But not as my only car.

Ended up selling it to a another friend of mine. He is 78, a great golfer for that age (outdrives 80 % of the people on this forum I'd think) and he is loaded. Loved the fact that I sold him a 700 hp car. Well, he has had it for 8 werks now and chooses his 2007 Lexus 600h most days and has asked me to sell it on next summer when he is due to order his new 600h. 

To sum it up, it is a car of tomorrow but today. That means that everything else feels old, even the new E-class. It also means that we are not there yet. As charging has to get so much better. Superchargers must be in a lot more places (at least here in Sweden). Teslas also have to get a lot closer to the Germans and Lexus when it gets to everything that is "premium" to justify almost 180k which is how much they are here in the world's most taxed country.