Gotta Have it Contest Entry Thread - Enter Here

TourSpecGolfer

Rules of the contest - click here

The game is simple,  just post your reasoning why you deserve one or more of these products,  you must state why you need that club,  why it's the mising link and why you think it would help you bridge the gap between where your game is now and where you want it to be..  good luck!

Prizes for entry:

• Itobori Arakenma - chrome finish + raw black face 56* Head Only
  • TRPX Messenger Stiff Flex 
  • Crazy Type A Stiff Flex
  • Geotech F0369 FW 13.5 
  • Geotech U0379 UT 21*
  • Yururi Raw Gekku 61 R300
  • Seven Original Prototype CB’s
  • Set of OM Series Heads 4-PW
  • Sanki Planarian S63 metallic Silver
  • Zodia Z901 Driver 10.2 195g Head

Wow! That's a nice set of goodies!!

Curious which one of the OM series....that was always such a nice set of designs.

....but I know what I've got my eye on! :)

First, thanks Chris for this amazing contest!  The clubs I would really like to have are the

• Seven Original Prototype CB’s

I usually play blades because it gives me the control and the honest feedback I need without over-masking over my mis-hits. At times my game suffers as MB's lack the tiny bit of forgiveness needed. Approach shots would fall short and instead of hitting GIR and putting for birdie I'm chipping for up-and-down. I normally will have a few bogeys but offset by a few birdies here and there. Unfortunately it's not possible when I miss greens due to missed approaches from the tiniest of mis-hits. I shoot regularly in the 70's and even had a few par rounds over the years, but never underpar when playing from the back tees (7,000 plus yards).

I want to take my game to the next level and finally break par from the PGA tour tees!!!

I could play CBs but I don't want offset (creates too high of a ball flight for me) or oversize heads (poor turf interaction and workability) so I've been looking for a blade design that includes a small cavity and subtle leading and trailing grinds with great feel - basically a complete package CB that performs like a true MB with the added bit of forgiveness.

Another non-technical factor is desirability - when I look at my blades it just screams at me to take it out to the course and take a few swings, no CB's I've seen in person or in photos has ever done that to me, until I saw the Seven Original Prototype CB! When something looks beautiful in your hands and looks like you can hit good shots with it, it adds to confidence!!!

DSC5164-Edit.jpg

When other people look in my golf bag, they are all drawn immediately to the SEVEN wedges and complimented how unique and original they look, and don't even notice the other JDM clubs like my Honma blades, Romaro FW/UT, or TRPX Driver! 

I have never seen the Seven Prototype CB's in person but having played the SEVEN wedges I'm sure the CB Prototypes will be the same complete package as the wedges - beautifully hand crafted, perfect shape and grind, and soft feedback without sacrificing distance!

Should I be lucky enough to win these Seven Prototype CB's I will make a video blog and post it back here when I break par with these clubs! 

Best of luck to everyone else who is entering this contest!

Edited by neova

5 hours ago, Staxxx said:

Wow! That's a nice set of goodies!!

Curious which one of the OM series....that was always such a nice set of designs.

....but I know what I've got my eye on! :)

I will give that winner a choice.   We have about 8 models which are all gorgeous to choose from.

Crazy Type A Stiff Flex

I’ve been playing golf for the past 5 years and have only recently been more consistent with my game. I stumbled upon JDM equipment about 2 years ago and fell in love with quality and feel immediately, started of with a ryoma driver then moved on to the yururi wedge and believer irons. However my greatest weakness is my driver as I regularly find myself in trouble off the tee hitting my drive all over the place into water hazards, trees and other hazards which really hurts my score. Lately I have been using a crazy driver 435 paired with a 6.9 LY 01 crazy shaft which I really do love the feel of the shaft however I do find it a bit soft for my swing thus creating all these troubles for me. On a nice drive, I’m able to hit decent drives at around 230m-250m however due to the wrong flex of the shaft I’m unable to repeat this consistently and hurts my game badly.  Due to the high cost and unavailability of these shafts locally, I’m not able to test the suitability of the shaft prior to purchasing it hence making me hesitate to plunge further into JDM equipment. However as I mentioned, I do love the feel and smoothness of the Crazy shaft and given the right flex, I'm certain it would solve my current problem bringing my current average scores ranging from 95s to 105s to the low 90s. Given the chance to win this shaft, I would be happy to pass it on to the next person (FOC of course) on TSG in the event this shaft does not work out for me. Once again thank you for organizing this and good luck to everyone!

he Sadhu looked half madman. Perhaps because he was.  I was nervous as he approached. Clearly, anything could happen. 

He came directly to me. His eyes held mine the way a butcher holds a flank of beef. Without regard for the cow.  He was focused and purposeful. Powder from his face and hair blew in the breeze, but I fought the urge to sneeze, fearing the consequences. 

He pressed his face to my ear before I could react.  He was lizard quick.  I heard him clearly, the voice of man insistent that he be understood. 

“Itobori. Itobori Arakenma. Itobori Arakenma 56” and then he turned, having delivered his message, and was gone. I was never to be the same again.  Standing on the edge of the fairway like a metaphor, I was between clubs.  I needed the 56. He had told me. I had understood. 

Thus, I apply. 

Hindu-Sadhu.jpg

Great post, Chuck!!

As for my nocturnal visitation, I saw the 

• Sanki Planarian S63 metallic Silver

shafted on my A-Grind Classic driver, completing my A-Grind bag of smoked copper R1 blades, wedges, DST fwy's, and stealth black hybrids in a way that would make this bag vibrate fully even while standing still. It's already a walking, talking ad for TSG, but one of those shafts in the unheard of small Classic driver head would do nothing less than make heads at my club explode.

I have always been a aesthetic minimalist with a need for beauty. But it reaches deeper than that. When you live in a country drowning in people and sounds, with objects necessary and unnecessary each side you turn and where the sheer chaotic necessity of everyday life can be so overwhelming, there is respite in beautiful things.

As John Meida said - cut out a notch randomly into a block of wood for a curious shape that is more interesting. And yet it functions. By combining critical thinking with critical making the humble block of wood transcends its simplicity. 

When I look at the OM designs, I understand why there is a place for them in the brief time we spend with things around and with us. It offers me an energized calm; it has kanso, a sense of simple clarity; and shizen, the absence of artificiality, like a Japanese garden, one that is not accidental but made with purpose and intention.

What more would you like to look down at before making a swing....

Tour831.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:21 PM, chuck4golf said:

he Sadhu looked half madman. Perhaps because he was.  I was nervous as he approached. Clearly, anything could happen. 

He came directly to me. His eyes held mine the way a butcher holds a flank of beef. Without regard for the cow.  He was focused and purposeful. Powder from his face and hair blew in the breeze, but I fought the urge to sneeze, fearing the consequences. 

He pressed his face to my ear before I could react.  He was lizard quick.  I heard him clearly, the voice of man insistent that he be understood. 

“Itobori. Itobori Arakenma. Itobori Arakenma 56” and then he turned, having delivered his message, and was gone. I was never to be the same again.  Standing on the edge of the fairway like a metaphor, I was between clubs.  I needed the 56. He had told me. I had understood. 

Thus, I apply. 

Hindu-Sadhu.jpg

hahahahahhhahahaha........

pop this up as the best ever post  on  TSG.

ill give u that wedge for that beauty!!!!

My choice would be the Geotech F0369 13.5 FW with the Sanki Planarian S63 Metallic Silver shaft.  I took up golf in 1986.  I took it seriously in 1987 and when I stopped playing in 1998 had worked myself down to a 13 handicap.  I stopped playing for ten years and started back up in 2008 as a bogey golfer.  I have struggle with modern drivers and been surprised with distance and forgiveness of fairway woods.  In my youth I could rope a 2 iron 230 yards all day long and did not see the need to carry any woods.  I did have success with some laminated maple woods from a well known manufacture though, zing.

I have always been a strong iron player and did a lot of damage with my Titleist  DCI's then Mizuno T Zoid Pro's and finally my Miura Tournament Blades.  Life, work and injuries have limited my play but I am still good with my irons but struggle off the tee.  I have not found a driver I feel comfortable with and usually use my S Yard XV 3 wood with stock stiff shaft off the tee.  I have tried Joe Powell persimmon driver and the S Yard T388 driver with limited success with the range and playing time I have.

Never been big on being the longest but ever since Eldrick Woods, seems that courses have tried to emulate the Tour and distance is king.  At 6'2" and 275 lbs, everyone expects me to able to pound out 300 yard drives with ease.  As we all know about this beloved game, easier said than done!  I believe using the Geotech F0369 with S63 shaft would give the extra bit of distance without sacrificing control to attack par fours and give me shorter irons into par fives.  

I am enjoying golf more now in my second life on the course and if i could get back to 13 handicap or even dip into the single digits, that would be awesome!  Scrambling to make par from an errant tee shot is not a fun way to start any hole.  A solid head design and a premium unique shaft may be the distance, I mean difference!!!

I've been playing golf for 6 years and I would say all of my game is strong except the driver...  And not to say I havent tried it all - in 6 years I've owned 13 different drivers and maybe tried 20 shafts and just this year I bought 4 different ones in a timespan of 5 months!! I just cannot find anything that works for me to get the ball up nicely. If I were to win the Zodia driver I might find the gap in my game that would bring my scores down!!! In Sweden it is nearly impossible to try real JDM stuff before buying and I'm certain not many Zodia  drivers are out there but I'll showcase it as much as I can and look fablolous doing so!

I've never beaten par in my life but I think this is what I need a driver that I feel comfortable using on every single hole possible (I hit driver on 12 holes on my homecourse)  

My game now is that I cannot break par and have a driver that find the fairway often and I know this is what I need.. A lovely piece of darkness that will make my drives fly, look, feel and sound amazing!!!! Maybe another gap is that I only gamed 8-9,5 drivers and 10,2 is what I actaully need!

On the other hand.. who knows.. maybe I shouldnt try to be so matcho and buy a shaft in stiff flex instead of x... that sanki planaria spoke to me like all of tigers misstresses.. I WANT TO BE YOURS!! Not only for one night but foooreeee the looong ruuuun! im better than all others.. chooose mee!

Edited by wedda

Once again, a generous gesture to the humble following of sheep.

I've been an avid golfer for quite a few years now. Was a 7 handicap at age 11 back in 1988 then a scratch in college. I've always had a natural swing with a smooth transition but a bit of a sting. Irons have always been my strength. Now, with four sets in the garage, the only ones to ever see grass are my trusty 2009 Yamaha Tourmodels.

When it comes to drivers though I've been known to change things up a bit. As I'm getting older I've also experienced pain just about everywhere. Back and shoulder especially. After a shoulder surgery in February I realize I can't hang with my boys any longer?. I've lost 25 yards or so and it is starting to get to me. Accuracy has always been king over distance for me but again, I do need some help with distance. My weight of choice has been 70-78 gram shafts in strong or s/x flex. Lately I've given lighter shafts a shot but they are either too sloppy or just "dead" to me. Such as the Diamana X which does not suit my smooth transition and therefore comes across as a bit dead. I need a shaft in the 60-65 gram range that has feel, stability and a bit of umpf. After reading up on the S63, that sounds like a shaft that will help me get the ball out there whilst still having a sense of control. I would love to get the chance of playing it and hopefully getting to hang again and not hit hybrids when others hit 7-irons.. A Sanki is also probably the best way for me to get to drive an S63 (as I can't afford the AMG).

Thanks for the opportunity to compete for the awesome gear.

I've played JDM drivers for about 10 years. Most recent purchase was Ryoma Maxima 2 years ago. After this driver, I've been playing USDM drivers for last 2 years. But I always have been missing JDM drivers because of much better feel and lighter head weight.

USDM heads are too heavy for me so I had to play them under 45inch long and it was very difficult to generate good SS.

Zodia Z901 with 10.2* and 195g is just perfect for my game. With this head, I can play 46inch long and get my SS back.

I'd love to have a chance to play this head and find the love for JDM drivers again.

Thanks for the opportunity Chris.

I started golf back in 1998, but I stopped playing golf from 2002-2013 due to work and family.  In 2014, I did find time to start playing golf again and was introduced to JDM equipment.  The first JDM equipment that I purchased was Romaro 460HX driver, and I never felt so good about drivers before ( I did hit 3 woods further than my driver previously).  Therefore, I was hook into JDM equipment: Romaro Driver, Romaro 3 woods, yururi wedges, yamada putters, and Taylormade R7 TP iron set (Japanese model).

Once I solved my driving problem, my handicap is downed to 17 from 24 previously. 

Now, One of my weakness is my approach shot. I felt that I need a CB iron set that is more forgiving  than an MB iron set, and still give me a good feel.  After reading the review of the SEVEN Prototype CB's and feedback from the winners of SEVEN wedges contest, I was really curious to find out about how good and awesome this SEVEN Prototype CB iron set.

I knew this is one set of iron that I really like to try and I believe this set will  make me a strong iron player and will make me a single handicap player.

So, I was glad to see that this SEVEN prototype CB iron set was one of the prize in this contest and I am able to joint this contest .

Once again, thank you for the opportunity Chris and good luck to everyone.

I have been playing golf for 27ish years and, up until this year, I have only played US equipment (with the exception of the US offered Mizuno and Miura products).  As I get more involved with the JDM offerings, I can clearly see and feel the differences in attention to detail, quality, workmanship and overall pride that these artisans put into the products that they offer to the consumer.  I have purchased a few products through TSG such as the jBeam ZY-7, the Itobori Limited Driver with a beautiful AAA shaft, an AGrind 3-wood with a speeder shaft and a Honma TW-U 2 iron.  I have been shopping and researching for a set of JDM Irons that will suit my game and then this contest comes along.  I respectfully request that my name be thrown into the hat for the Set of OM Series Heads 4-PW.  If I am fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to own these, I will definitely have TSG build them with the correct shaft that fits me.  I will be the best form of free advertising for TSG.  I will represent the JDM market and TSG to the utmost.  Ok, enough with the schmoozing and a$$ kissing...I REALLY would like to win these.  :tsg_smilie_love: :tsg_smiley_angel: 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Chris for running this awesome contest again.

I have my heart set on the SEVEN prototype CB iron set.

I started playing golf 3 years ago and coincidentally, my first JDM Yururi Tour wedges were purchased from TSG. I was amazed with their quality and from that first experience, I was hooked.

I completed my JDM bag after a few months. I had always been a collector and golf clubs are now my passion. I am embarrassed to say that I am more into my gear than my game!

At times, I feel stuck, especially for my iron game. Am I blaming my golfing shortfalls on my irons? For the past 3 years, I have changed my iron sets repeatedly. I have gone through 2 sets of Miura, 3 sets of Epon, 2 Onoff and 2 Zodia Buchi. All in all, around 10 different iron sets! 

Deep down, I know I should concentrate more on my game, but I have yet to find a set that I feel comfortable with. I need a permanent set which could stay in my bag indefinitely.

I was lucky enough to win a set of SEVEN wedges from the previous contest, After I tried them, I realized how beautiful they were. I had doubts that they will stay in my bag for a long time, but things changed after several rounds with the wedges. I was amazed by their performance rather than just how damn good they looked. All my other wedges were relegated to the store room and the “For Sale” segment of TSG. I am still using them now and I am still loving them. With luck, I hope to complete a SEVEN bag build. With that, I believe I can finally concentrate more on my game.

To better games ahead!

I am on this site every day looking at new posts in the forums of Japanese clubs and BST. I am looking to find the next club that is going to lower my score. I currently have a ZY-11 Driver, Maruman 3&7 woods, pxg irons 4-P, Seven double milled wedges. I am having issues with my 4&5 irons. I can't get the ball up in the air afrom the ground as nd when I hit them off of the tee they go way left. I think a Utility club may be a good replacement for these clubs. The Geotech U0379 UT 21* just may be the club that will improve my game and lower my score. 

It’s great to start playing golf again after a few years break. It’s nice to wake up fresh and energetic in the morning, heading to the golf course with a nice and shinning club ready to hit the beautiful golf shot especially with this beautiful black baron Seven Original Prototype CB

I currently play with the Seven 2016 CB and I like the simplicity of the design and also the feel and feedback of the club.

Being working my swing along with the Trackman, I have now better understanding of my natural golf swing and also the club path and angles work to the ball. It does really help me to better control the golf club and adjust my swing quickly after the bad hole to enjoy the game more rather than ended up the day with the frustrating game.

The Seven Prototype CB look similar to the Seven 2016 CB but seem to be more compacted face, thinner top line and less offset. This club will have the forgiveness like the Seven 2016 CB which is benefit for the high handicapper like me and also more workability to improve my game. With this club, I can now forget about the next CMB combo iron set.

Good luck everyone and play well

Shaptalk - October 12, 2016 Los Angeles, CA

Thanks so much for the cool contest! So I buy new golf clubs at least once a month... I am a junkie that just found this website and can't get enough of the quality produced in Japan. I love golf shafts and constantly trying to find the golden wand that will make me hit it further.  I consider myself to be the "WW2"   the worlds worst two (handicap).  I play every week without any consistency and nothing gets me more excited than the hope a new club or shaft brings. All of us know what it feels like the night before you game a new weapon - just cant wait.  For me I would love the Sanki Silver 63 shaft. It sounds mysterious and maybe that mystery will make me the "WMA2" worlds most average two (handicap) !  Thanks again and I hope everyone shoots their low score this weekend.

Jeremy 

Thanks TSG

I am a 9 hdcp player and in my eternal search for distance I now bag the 2016 VG3 irons and the JBeam 435 Black-out head.  However, the shaft is a very important part of the distance equation and hence my desire to acquire the Sanki Silver 63S....

I believe with these weapons in my bag, I will be the next Happy Gilmore (I am a retired pro hockey player). 

now if I can only get those pesky 5 footers to drop....

TK

Let's do this!

First and foremost, I have played golf most of my life and have never once gotten my own set of clubs. I usually am first in line behind my father and his friends for some good ole hammy-downs that I never tinkered with. Every time I walked into a place like the PGA Super Store and ask to get fitted and adjust my clubs they would always try to talk me into buying a new set.

Until recently, after practicing about six times a week, I started to see a huge improvement in my game. While analyzing my swing, I noticed that sometimes I will try and compensate for the upright lie angle to achieve optimal impact. Immediately after realizing I've been holding myself back I went to go get fitted. It all pretty much came down to Vega's or Miura's. I'm the kind of person that likes to gather a ton of information before making a commitment. During research I stumbled upon the Seven Original Prototype CB's and now I'm flat out obsessed with their look. 

The Seven CB's will take my game from, in my eyes, average to good maybe even great. The advanced player design involved with those irons will give me the confidence to go for that par 5 in two or throw those 4-iron darts at the 220 yard par 3. I will work those irons down to the bare bones if that's what it takes. First, I would shaft them with some Nippon's and adjust the specs to match my natural swing ability. After multiple tinkering sessions at a small local club fitter I found, I will double-down on golf and hopefully join a small mini tour here in Orlando, FL. I have big plans for myself and nothing is going to stand in my way. 

I'm ready for my own set, better yet, I'm ready to become a better player. I want to look good, feel good, and be good which is exactly where the Seven Original Prototype CB's come into play. Help me improve. Help me feel the magic of fitted JDM golf clubs. 

Best regards,

Mike

Edited by Lion Irons