My Benock Mallet

TourSpecGolfer

That's pretty sick.  So absolutely no options for guys in N. America? 

Awesome ....how can you miss with that !! :)

So hard to find nice mallets.... 

Looks good. Prefer the Aereso (spelling) from a couple of months ago though ?

50 minutes ago, neova said:

that looks awesome! very classy, clean lines! Love the SEVEN logo integrated into the sightline...

Replace BENOCK with SEVEN and it'll look even better!

Does the "slot" on the sole do anything?

Yes Slot is required with the shorter neck to get the balance right.  I had no choice it was the only way after the fitting for them to get the CG + weighting where I needed it.    Thats the cool thing about his fittings they tell you straight out no you shouldn't play a particular putter and it's the one you think you play the best.  They prove it to you then leave you the final say on what you want.

in this case I shouldn't be playing my anser benock but my eye couldn't resist.  This mallet is the one for me.

I went thru fitting process with Byron Morgan and Bruce Rearick 18 months ago. Bruce bases his approach on where you stand to best see the line accurately and specs out the putter from there. Toe hang, what kind of neck, angle and where hosel is on the head, etc. Then Byron builds to these specs. I putted lights out for at least a year before something went haywire. This was an $850 process if I remember.

This fitting sounds even more thorough. I really think the right fit is a big deal with putters. Much more relevant than our 'looks good' intuitive method. So if the putter cost ends up around $1000, that's not so extreme for a putter really built for your stroke. 

3 hours ago, TourSpecGolfer said:

Yes Slot is required with the shorter neck to get the balance right.  I had no choice it was the only way after the fitting for them to get the CG + weighting where I needed it.    Thats the cool thing about his fittings they tell you straight out no you shouldn't play a particular putter and it's the one you think you play the best.  They prove it to you then leave you the final say on what you want.

in this case I shouldn't be playing my anser benock but my eye couldn't resist.  This mallet is the one for me.

Chris,

Is there a post or blog that describes their fitting process and how they come up with their recommendations? If not, would you mind writing one? My stroke is highly unorthodoxed but it works extremely well for me so I'm curious if they'd be able to fit me and if it would be worth my time/money when I get out there next year. And like you, I have a style that fits my eye but they don't even offer any true blades like the Zen.

1 hour ago, chiromikey said:

Chris,

Is there a post or blog that describes their fitting process and how they come up with their recommendations? If not, would you mind writing one? My stroke is highly unorthodoxed but it works extremely well for me so I'm curious if they'd be able to fit me and if it would be worth my time/money when I get out there next year. And like you, I have a style that fits my eye but they don't even offer any true blades like the Zen.

There isn't anything but he is writing a book now ( in Japanese )

Basically there is a camera,  software,  a gazillion putters and a very well trained fitter.  I would request Okuda-san himself for TSG'ers.

Your basically testing every face angle, toe hang, lie, weight even 1g increments, lofts, etc... etc..  analyze the stroke.  I really don't know what the methodology is because both my fittings were done in Japanese.

I'm asking them to do a write up that we can translate.

That would be great to read.

The other point about being fitted for a putter is you need to commit to the stroke that is fit. One of Bruce's main inputs is there are many ways to putt well but good putters don't usually change much. The repetition of the stroke is what matters.

Edited by chuck4golf

Chris, which putter do you putt better with? Mallet or Anser?

I'm not a mallet fan, have used blades or anser style for 34 years now but this looks fab I must say. Like it just sells confidence. Not sure on really fast greens though but worth a try for sure.

Love the short plumbers neck and milling on the face. 

How long did the putter fitting process take?

The process is about 1-2 hours,  gets slow with a translator.

One thing I must add is that many of the putters come out looking a bit cartoonish without the help of TSG in facilitating the design.

We haven't done many fittings for customers but the ones that Benock + the customer have done without TSG's help didn't look nearly as good as these.  Similar situation with GF.

If you like our style my suggestion is to have the fitting,  tell TSG what you want,  pay us a small fee and I will have a graphic designer put it together.  It's a matter of design and style for the aesthetics and we are familiar with what the Benock factory can do.

btw I am willing to sell these that I have made,  because I am not allowed to order putters if not in person I will order a few every year and offer them to members.  

• 7 months later...

We are bringing Benock to the world soon!   It only took 3 years to negotiate the system but its finally done!  

You guys are about to have access to the best putters in the world.   Scotty,  Tyson Lamb, Bettinardi have nothing on Okudas putters,  they don't have the technology,  machines,  materials,  and maniacal passion.   Tour players are not even getting custom cad design and now you guys can!

What are the specs on this mallet Chris?

this is probably the coolest putter I've ever seen