Jbeam 535 Premium Black Driver!

TourSpecGolfer

Compared to the ZY-7 it's easier to hit and higher launching.  You don't need to go up in loft for this one.

Compared to the original 535 it is balanced neutral,  lower spin, a few cc's larger,  further back and deeper CG by a hair.

JBeam-535-Premium-Black-Driver4.jpg

JBeam-535-Premium-Black-Driver5.jpg

JBeam-535-Premium-Black-Driver1.jpg

JBeam-535-Premium-Black-Driver3.jpg

JBeam-535-Premium-Black-Driver2.jpg

Loved the 535 I had, and this one looks absolutely fantastic.

Anyone managed to hit this model yet?

Chris, if you need someone to test it and write a review..........

Edited by Ian-500

It does look nice. Glad to see they went with matte black on this one and continued with the laser etched face. 

I have played with the J Beam Glorious Driver for 2 years now. Nothing has beaten it in terms of feel and distance. How would this one compare?

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I have played with the J Beam Glorious Driver for 2 years now. Nothing has beaten it in terms of feel and distance. How would this one compare?

Glorious is a little draw bias,  more forgiving,  more shallow,  higher launching with a touch more spin.

I think a blackout glorious would be awesome!

I really like the look of this and desperately need a driver head. When are these coming in please? 

5 hours ago, Staxxx said:

I really like the look of this and desperately need a driver head. When are these coming in please? 

now shipping

• 3 months later...

I think all Jbeam heads do not indicate loft on the head. You can order any specific loft on those heads and they indicate it with a sticker on the shrink wrap when you buy new. I guess they want to avoid having 10° stamped on the driver and have actually a 10.4° head if that makes sense.

On 12/22/2016 at 9:50 PM, Dr.Shankenstein said:

Yes, makes sense for sure.  I was on tourspecgolf and asked about specs on some heads I was interested. They were only able to give me a "ballpark" or an educated guess.

You can request a specific loft,  there is no guess work in that.

On 12/22/2016 at 4:48 AM, shacco said:

I think all Jbeam heads do not indicate loft on the head. You can order any specific loft on those heads and they indicate it with a sticker on the shrink wrap when you buy new. I guess they want to avoid having 10° stamped on the driver and have actually a 10.4° head if that makes sense.

That's pretty much it.  More brands are doing this as well and I support it.  This way you know your specific loft for your head.  

Most brands are +/- 1 to 2 degrees.  Could you imagine buying a 10 and getting a 12 or an 8* actual?  

• 2 months later...

I have one with a TRPX Aura shaft, stiff flex. I find it just about perfect: rock solid on contact, a tad fade bias (which I wanted), forgiving and powerful - I certainly noticed a step up in distance (12 handicap, drives around 260-270). I must say the shaft - recommended by Chris - is outstanding and really complements the head. Very impressed with this JBeam driver

I was using an S Yard XV with the Quadra Max shaft, and the head was just a little demanding for me - it seemed to need a bit more energy than I was able to put in with that shaft. By comparison the JBeam head seems more forgiving: I certainly get more yards out of it.

I don't record launch data, but my SS hovers around 100mph: I get occasional good ones around 105. With that kind of speed I need a bit more flight time for the ball and my 10 degree JBeam head + that shaft give me a medium-high flight. I can't hit it hard enough just to drive a mid-low, low spin ball through the air.

One thing I've noticed is I don't get much roll out, though that might be due to the higher flight AND playing in Asia (soft fairways). If you really want a lower flight Chris might give other suggestions: given what I wanted/needed he advised JBeam ahead of Ryoma and Modart and it's worked out well.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else playing this head?